RV Electrical Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Electrical Problem

The ole 84 Winnebago Itasca is having some electrical problems.

The headlights quit working. Running lights, brake lights, etc. still working.

Have tried to eliminate the "little" things. Fuses seem to be ok, no obvious breaks in the wiring.

The fuse panel does not seem to be "hot" where you the headlight fuse is inserted.

I guess the real question is do you have any suggestions on a good place to take the RV in Eagle River or Anchorage to have it checked out?

Thanks.

Doug Lane
    Doug

aaatrout.com

Doug, You should be able to take to any good automotive shop for this type of problem. It would be just like the same problem if it was a pickup. Good Luck

Comment

An automotive shop should be able to do it, but most of them aren't good at electrical. And unfortunately the RV mfgs do strange things sometimes to the factory fuse blocks and wiring harnesses when they hook in all of their wiring.

I'd take it to Alaska Performance RV & Marine at 6820 Arctic Blvd., in Anchorage.
      907/522-8965

Bill

Comment

OP, have you looked at replacing the head light switch? It is possible that part of it might have gone bad. Had this happen on another vehicle that had one time.

Comment

I take my camper to Karen's RV Service. Nice as can be and they go above and beyond to make the customer happy. They also have a clean, well organized indoor facility to do the work. Can't say enough good things about them.

Comment

My son took RV to Eagle River Automotive. Got prompt service, great customer service and a good fix.

Thanks for your help.
            Doug

aaatrout.com

Comment

Originally posted by BroD View Post
              My son took RV to Eagle River Automotive. Got prompt service, great customer service and a good fix.

Thanks for your help.
              What did they find to repair!

Comment

Good question. My son did not tell me all the details but the main problem was some broken wires we did not find.

When we first bought the RV about five years ago the first day I drove it I tried the cruise control. Big mistake!!! It turned on but would not turn off. Finally when it reached about 65 I had no choice but to put it in neutral and turn off the engine. Blew the muffler up and messed up the headlights? Managed to get it back online but the dimmer switch wouldn't work so we had to disconnect the high beams. Was always a little nervous about that.

Any way all of that is fixed also but we will NOT try cc .

All for less than $400.00
                Doug

aaatrout.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X