Another border question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another border question:

I was just reading that Wa, Or, Id and Montana all require registration and titles for truck camper. So if my camper is on a AK registered rig it would reason I would be ok. However reason is not on the side of any DMV... anyone ever been asked for a registration at blaine?

I have taken one across the border many times. You do not register them in Alaska so no registration to ask for. I think (?) I was asked once if it was my camper but am not sure. It has never been an issue. Actually no one even asks for vehicle registration the last 5-6 trips. Only thing they asked about last time was if Woppie and Rosie were in the back.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      I have taken one across the border many times. You do not register them in Alaska so no registration to ask for. I think (?) I was asked once if it was my camper but am not sure. It has never been an issue. Actually no one even asks for vehicle registration the last 5-6 trips. Only thing they asked about last time was if Woppie and Rosie were in the back.
      So DMV says they cannot speak for other states but here I cannot get a title for it. So I'm not gonna worry. Just trying to cover my bases.

Comment

Last time I took a camper through on the back of a truck was late summer of 1989, through Osoyoos, B.C., heading north after grad school's completion, so I can't vouch for current protocol with any degree of certainty.

But it was a home-built, aluminum-sided camper, loaded with house-wares and goodies, on the back of a 1953 3/4-ton Chevy, and other than for Canadian Customs entering the camper for a cursory search, and taking a box of .44 mag hollow-point factory reloads (*due to the bullets being hollow-points..), there were no questions about my registration specifically for the camper; just the truck, insurance, funds, firearms, etc. ..... The usual matter-of-fact inquiries.

But the truck had Alaska tags, too.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X