Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to shoot it today. That is one sweet thunderstick. And yes, it did tingle my shoulder some, especially with the 405gr. Me likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan J View Post
      Finally got to shoot it today. That is one sweet thunderstick. And yes, it did tingle my shoulder some, especially with the 405gr. Me likes.
      Yup sore shoulder and a grin is the 45-70 levergun experience.:topjob:
      Andy
      On the web= C-lazy-F.co
      Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
      Call/Text 602-315-2406
      Phoenix Arizona

Comment

This a nice gun. Shot my moose with it last year using 325 gr leverevolutions. Very accurate with a scout scope at 200 plus yards with that load. Garret Cartridges has an interesting read on their web site on someone taking all 5 dangerous game on the Dark Continent with the Guide Gun. A nice go to gun for AK.

Comment

Sure wish Marlin production was up and running full speed.. These 1895SBLs are hard to find.. Anybody know of one in the Anchorage area? This is just what I am looking for as a brush gun..

Comment

Originally posted by chasing View Post
            Sure wish Marlin production was up and running full speed.. These 1895SBLs are hard to find.. Anybody know of one in the Anchorage area? This is just what I am looking for as a brush gun..
            I would bet Wild West Guns could fix you right up with about any Marlin, they are the Marlin guys.
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by chasing View Post
              I picked mine up at FM a couple months ago. got it on sale for $100 off. Like others said, the aciton was rough, the screws were loose and WWG warrantied that and add some of thier special features. Love it!!!
              sigpic2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Comment

I picked mine up at FM a couple months ago. got it on sale for $100 off. Like others said, the aciton was rough, the screws were loose and WWG warrantied that and add some of their special features. Love it!!!
                Feel like giving me a hint here? If it was a special favor, understand. If there is something to make me rifle better, I'm interested. I guess if they want the WWG guys can chime in. Not really begging for a freebie, but if there's one out there........
                BTW, love the rifle so far. I'm not sure what better would feel like, go no complaints so far.

Comment

Originally posted by nbh40 View Post
                  They can become almost as addictive as ARs in terms of mods and improvements. My AK Hiking, hunting, fishing gun:

Barrel cut to 16" and a bit, fully parkerized, ebonized wood, Stock (LOP) reduced by 1" and Pachmayer Decelerator pad, WWG lever, mag follower and ejector, XS scout mount, Trijicon RMR sight, iron sights removed, side sling swivels and military 3 point sling. It is just about where I want it now (need to get a QR magnifier for hunting), is accurate, reliable and very convenient (and quick) to carry and shoot.
                  I like it, cool indeed. :topjob:
                  A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                  THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                  THE HEART OF A CHILD
                  THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Comment

I'm a new go so first off hello. I've got an 1895 GBL and shot those Hornady Leverevolutions and they kick like a small truck. I've been shooting Black Hills 405s which are less hot and (at least out of my Marlin and Winchester) real accurate. A heck of a loy more comfortable to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of Kings View Post
                      I picked mine up at FM a couple months ago. got it on sale for $100 off. Like others said, the aciton was rough, the screws were loose and WWG warrantied that and add some of thier special features. Love it!!!
                      I had a 1895SBL on order for 4 months before it arrived. There were some issues with it when I picked it up. The front sight was canted to the right. The picatinnay rail was canted and not fully seated on the barrel. The feed port wouldn't open because the lever that lifts the bullets was catching it. That rifle is currently in the shop for warranty repairs AND to get a WWG trigger put into it. Too bad that the quality control at Marlin is so poor. The gunsmith said that by the time he gets it back to me I should expect it to be pristine. Maybe there's a JPoint red dot sight in it's future...thinking...thinking...thinking...hmm...

MyTime
                      MyTime

Comment

I've owned my 1895GS for five years. It's light, handy, powerful, and fun to handload for. Factory ammunition is available that will handle any size game on the planet. Just remember that it is a "punkin shooter" with an associated rainbow trajectory. Heavy loadings yield a stiff recoil. I use mine exclusively to hunt whitetail in Michigan. Our cabin sits in a clearing between two cedar swamps. The longest shooting distance is 170 yards. Hornady's Leverevolution 325 grain round shoots very accurately in my gun to that distance. It packs a whallop that puts deer down in their tracks so we don't have to chase them into the swamp. If most of your hunting is done at distances of 200 yds or less, you'll enjoy hunting with your rifle very much. I haven't used my .30-06 or .338 Win Mag since I got my .45-70. It does everything I need and more.

Comment

Limb Saver is a shoulder saver!!
                          Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

MyTime, take a look at the Burris Fast Fire II red-dot reflex sight. It works wonderfully on the Marlin. Jim

Comment

Changes everything. I haven't hunted with a scope since.
                              Check out Garrett Hammerheads for premium ammo.

The modifications are endless!

Taylor
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jdb3 View Post
                                MyTime, take a look at the Burris Fast Fire II red-dot reflex sight. It works wonderfully on the Marlin. Jim
                                Jim, I'm still in the looking and thinking stage. The Burris Fast Fire II does look good but I read that they have issues with water...or was the the original ones? Any ways, I thank you for the suggestion and I'll look at it again.

MyTime ... AJ
                                MyTime

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X