Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, at least they look good!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, at least they look good!!

    Sent out a few Rem700/Seven bolts for fluting. They turned out great and think of the massive weight savings I'm looking at

    Lefty 700 LA



    Wifes Mod. Seven

    The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    sigpic

    ~Spero Meliora~

  • #2
    Who did the work?

    Comment


    • #3
      Chad Dixon out of Sturgis, ND at Long Rifles, Inc.

      He had a group buy over at snipers hide and was doing 'em for $50 apiece. He's supposedly going to do another Savage run of 'em as well. For $50, I couldn't pass it up...
      The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
      sigpic

      ~Spero Meliora~

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hunt_ak View Post
        Chad Dixon out of Sturgis, ND at Long Rifles, Inc.

        He had a group buy over at snipers hide and was doing 'em for $50 apiece. He's supposedly going to do another Savage run of 'em as well. For $50, I couldn't pass it up...
        Your bolts look great. At $50 apiece I couldn't pass it up either. I've got three bolts in the mail to Dixon; can't wait to see how they turn out.
        Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
          Your bolts look great. At $50 apiece I couldn't pass it up either. I've got three bolts in the mail to Dixon; can't wait to see how they turn out.
          Looking forward to seeing them in person. My wife's Model 7 will look sweet once between the McMillian Edge UL stock I have coming and now this, her hunting rifle will have WAY more style points than mine that is for sure.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
            Looking forward to seeing them in person. My wife's Model 7 will look sweet once between the McMillian Edge UL stock I have coming and now this, her hunting rifle will have WAY more style points than mine that is for sure.
            The wife should have more in the style department IMO, but that's another story altogether........ What style Edge do you have coming for the Model 7?
            Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree she has MUCH more style in pretty much everything anyways so why not have her with the tricked up Rem Model 7 and I'll have a plain jane Kimber Montana. Her model 7 is getting the McMillian Edge UltraLite stock.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
                Your bolts look great. At $50 apiece I couldn't pass it up either. I've got three bolts in the mail to Dixon; can't wait to see how they turn out.
                Did you go high helix?

                Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
                I agree she has MUCH more style in pretty much everything anyways so why not have her with the tricked up Rem Model 7 and I'll have a plain jane Kimber Montana. Her model 7 is getting the McMillian Edge UltraLite stock.
                Whats the weight savings on that again?
                The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                sigpic

                ~Spero Meliora~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hunt_ak View Post
                  Did you go high helix?
                  Yes, I chose the high helix as the lines appeared a little more fluid to my eye.
                  Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ditto.....
                    The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                    sigpic

                    ~Spero Meliora~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Weight savings?

                      Looks good - how much weight did you save per bolt?

                      Other than cost - is there any downside in easy of bolt operation etc?

                      Wonder if they dod it on any other bolts other than Remingto nand Savage?
                      Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
                      ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
                        Looks good - how much weight did you save per bolt?

                        Other than cost - is there any downside in easy of bolt operation etc?

                        Wonder if they dod it on any other bolts other than Remingto nand Savage?
                        Clearly, this process lightens the bolt, and also reduces the friction in operation.

                        The "downside" is that it is SOOOO FAST, that it fails to pick up a cartridge in a CRF rifle.

                        Smitty of the North
                        Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                        Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                        You can't out-give God.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
                          Looks good - how much weight did you save per bolt?

                          Other than cost - is there any downside in easy of bolt operation etc?

                          Wonder if they dod it on any other bolts other than Remingto nand Savage?
                          I'm not sure what the weight savings was...I should've measured before I sent it off. If anyone else has a SS mod 7 bolt they wanna weigh, we can compare. Obviously more metal came off of the LA bolts, but I am still unsure..

                          I believe he said he did push feed Winchester bolts...
                          The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                          sigpic

                          ~Spero Meliora~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I had one done too....for the bling factor.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lets see it, super!!
                              The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                              sigpic

                              ~Spero Meliora~

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X