Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    When I sent the 2x7 in I also sent a 3x9 VXI in as well that was on my wife gun loaned it to a buddy and it well it was not treated so well. got the gun back missing turret cap and what not gun been abused a little. What can you do so I sent it in just to make sure came back as well clean bill of health...

Leave a comment:

• BrownBear
    replied
    Here's my Leupold story. Bought a used 270 WBY w/ 3x9 Leupold on it in 1971. The scope had been sent out by the previous owner for installation of a custom Lee 1-minute dot, so it was definitely not original.

After 30 years of beating the dickens out of it, I finally had to send it back to Leupold because it fogged up about 10 years ago. I included a note fessing up that I was not the original owner and was willing to pay because I liked it so much. Got it back in less than a week, no charge, and a nice letter thanking me for the compliments.

Service.

They'll continue to get my business till I draw my last breath, and I don't give a big steaming cow flop if someone makes something "better." Service couldn't be better than Leupold, and that's plenty good enough for me!

Leave a comment:

• BrentC
    replied
    Originally posted by bigswede358 View Post
    A big +++ 1 for Leupold and there customer service. Every rifle I own is outfitted with a leupy and most of them have been bought second hand, the majority of the time I can't afford them new. A few months back I found a Vari-x III 2.5-8x36 at a pawn shop for a fair price. I bought it got it home and looked up the date of manufacture. It was a 1976 model. A little beat up but the glass was still nice and clear. The majority of the exterior damage was around the eye piece. I sent it in to Leupold for a free inspection and also asked them if I could purchase a new eyepiece or if the had old parts to replace it with. About a week after I sent it in I got a phone call from a Leupold rep, she wanted to know if I preferred gloss or matte on my brand spanking new Leupold VX_3, she said the other was to old to get parts for so they would just send me a new one. I have never had a failure with a Leupold and they have always done there job as long as I did my part. I will be using there products for the rest of my days.
    It's hard to beat support like that. Fortunately, due to Leupold's stringent adherence to customer service, the industry standard has been set. Other manufacturers are forced to produce quality products and customer support. In the end, we as customers win, no matter who makes the scope. Thanks Leupold.

Leave a comment:

• bigswede358
    replied
    A big +++ 1 for Leupold and there customer service. Every rifle I own is outfitted with a leupy and most of them have been bought second hand, the majority of the time I can't afford them new. A few months back I found a Vari-x III 2.5-8x36 at a pawn shop for a fair price. I bought it got it home and looked up the date of manufacture. It was a 1976 model. A little beat up but the glass was still nice and clear. The majority of the exterior damage was around the eye piece. I sent it in to Leupold for a free inspection and also asked them if I could purchase a new eyepiece or if the had old parts to replace it with. About a week after I sent it in I got a phone call from a Leupold rep, she wanted to know if I preferred gloss or matte on my brand spanking new Leupold VX_3, she said the other was to old to get parts for so they would just send me a new one. I have never had a failure with a Leupold and they have always done there job as long as I did my part. I will be using there products for the rest of my days.

Leave a comment:

• kgpcr
    replied
    They have been around a long time for a reason!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by AlpineEarl View Post
    Nope. It's the Mk4. Some are the gold old MK4 M3A, some the LR/T. In the early days of the war I saw some NG units with the ART II. I've jumped MK4's, helocast with them, and been blown up with them and...they still worked. I've trusted my life on Leupold and I'm still sitting here typing.

LuJon, i like Zeiss's too but you are mistaken about the Leupold not having an etched reticle. The MK4's do.

VXIII MK4, M7, M6 all the same thing made by Leupold... I didn't pay much attention to them just looked at them... Shot them a couple of times thats it.

Leave a comment:

• AlpineEarl
    replied
    Originally posted by 323 View Post
    The U.S Army uses the vxiii on the m-14 in afghanistan thise scopes took a beating in the mtns of Afghanistan! I also have vxii on rifle for the last 15 yrs it has held zero I would go confirm zero every season. One yr on a elk hunt I slipped and busted my ass and that rifle hit the ground hard confirmed zero and still on!
    Nope. It's the Mk4. Some are the gold old MK4 M3A, some the LR/T. In the early days of the war I saw some NG units with the ART II. I've jumped MK4's, helocast with them, and been blown up with them and...they still worked. I've trusted my life on Leupold and I'm still sitting here typing.

LuJon, i like Zeiss's too but you are mistaken about the Leupold not having an etched reticle. The MK4's do.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie Scar
    replied
    When you can convince me that any other scope will absolutely without a doubt be the sole reason for me putting more critters on the ground then I might consider something besides a Leupold. I've got Leupolds on all my rifles, all have been used in the field and one imparticular has seen alot of hard miles, it's scratched and dinged up, has a bent objective bell and still holds as true as the first day I threw it on my rifle. I'm not saying other scopes wouldn't hold up under the same abuse, they very well could but I would be willing to bet alot would fail. I don't have the time or resources and it would be tough to assure all situations were equal but it would be neat to see what scopes would hold up after years and years of hard use.

Leave a comment:

• gogoalie
    replied
    Found a nice NIB Leupold Vari X I 3-9x40 Matte, on eBay, for $10 less, with delivery, than the big box stores... She's wearin' a Bikini, now, lookin' all purty, on top o' my .30-06 Remington 700 BDL.... Found another, used VXI, same as above, for $179, delivered... That'll be sittin' purty on top o' my .30-06 Sako Finnbear L 61 R...coo coo coo! I love it I love it I love it!

Leave a comment:

• elmerkeithclone
    replied
    Originally posted by evandailey View Post
    That's an accurate statement Marshall. Leupolds are, for the most part, above MY pay grade! I only own one and I got it used. It is a nice scope but to me no better than others I own. To my eyes and budget the best deal going are the Redfields. I have yet to read any explanation as to how they are not as good as the Leupolds for less than half the money.
    I'm thinking like your thinking! The new Redfields are a whole lot of scope for the money!

Leave a comment:

• sthrcave
    replied
    Right on the money 323. We got ours delivered at NTC. We got to play with them for a couple of ours, then they boxed them up and we didn't see them again until we got back.

Leave a comment:

replied
    4-25 well the cav took delivery of those when we went to NTC when we came out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• Matt
    replied
    Yeah you don't see too many (none actually) Bushnell's or Redfield's in combat. They cant hack the conditions or the military testing procedures. Those type of scopes work great for the people that hunt once a year or shoot a box of ammo a year. Leupold is the best and only choice for my needs.

Leave a comment:

• sthrcave
    replied
    Originally posted by 323 View Post
    The U.S Army uses the vxiii on the m-14 in afghanistan thise scopes took a beating in the mtns of Afghanistan! I also have vxii on rifle for the last 15 yrs it has held zero I would go confirm zero every season. One yr on a elk hunt I slipped and busted my ass and that rifle hit the ground hard confirmed zero and still on!
    My company was issued several M-14's for use as Squad Designated Marksman weapons. The M-14's were in the "EBR" configuration. EBR stands for Enhanced Battle Rifle. They came fitted with Sage machined aluminum stocks and drum roll please; Leupold Mark 4 optics. They worked day in and day out even after getting bounced around in the back of trucks, getting dropped on rocks, getting rained on, and generally taking the worst abuse you can imagine. I just bought a Mark 4 for a song and the worst thing about it is that I have to now buy another rifle to stick it on! I run leupold on all of my rifles but two and am more than satisfied with them.

Leave a comment:

• gogoalie
    replied
    & don't fergit...Leupold's are sold at Walmart...so therefore they CAN'T be quality...

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X