Alaska Gun Collectors - Gun Show this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Gun Collectors - Gun Show this weekend

Has anyone ever been to the AGCA Gun show? With gas prices being so high, I have to decide between the AGCA Gun-show in Palmer this weekend vs. the Alaska Outdoors show in Anchorage next weekend. I can't do both ... I live in Soldotna and the trip isn't cheap.

Is the AGCA Gun show a 'gun' show or an arts/crafts show? Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks.

The AGCA is a Gun Show, The sportsman's show is boats, flying services, fishing charters, food processes, clothing, ATV, there is now only one ot at most two firearms sellers at the sportsman's show.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

We have the gun show at the fairgrounds in Palmer and the Sportsmanís show at the Wasilla Sports center both this weekend. I donít know how big the gun show is but this weekend is a double hitter in the Valley so I'd think the better bet.
      Andy
      On the web= C-lazy-F.co
      Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
      Call/Text 602-315-2406
      Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by Truenorthed View Post
        Has anyone ever been to the AGCA Gun show? With gas prices being so high, I have to decide between the AGCA Gun-show in Palmer this weekend vs. the Alaska Outdoors show in Anchorage next weekend. I can't do both ... I live in Soldotna and the trip isn't cheap.

Is the AGCA Gun show a 'gun' show or an arts/crafts show? Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks.
        It's usually a gun show, some exhibits (not for sale) but it usually also has the coin collectors, etc... However, the Palmer Lions Club just had their annual gun show at the Palmer fairgrounds 2 weeks ago... /John

Comment

If you are looking for guns/ammo bargains, best to hit the Great Alaska Sportsman Show where we will have all sorts of guns and ammo on special. Boondocks also goes there and runs specials.

At the last gun show in Palmer (and I may go to this one too) I found 26.5 instances of folks selling used items (or stuff that they bought from us) for more than we sell the same item new.

Now if your interest is in flea market stuff then the Gun Show is for you

Comment

AGCA shows suck!

The last AGCA show I went to in Palmer (2010) was a complete joke. No kidding, 40-50% of the tables there weren't even selling guns! Lots of trinkets, jewelry, watches, windchimes and such, mostly cheap junk that my wife didn't even want to look at. The Palmer Lions have gone to great lengths to keep all the junk-peddlers out of their shows, and AGCA needs to do the same before I will EVER shell out another $10 entrance fee for one of their shows. I go to buy guns and gun accessories, the rest is just crap in my opinion.
            -J

Comment

Originally posted by Wildalaska View Post
              If you are looking for guns/ammo bargains, best to hit the Great Alaska Sportsman Show where we will have all sorts of guns and ammo on special. Boondocks also goes there and runs specials.

At the last gun show in Palmer (and I may go to this one too) I found 26.5 instances of folks selling used items (or stuff that they bought from us) for more than we sell the same item new.

Now if your interest is in flea market stuff then the Gun Show is for you
              Yes you better know your values before you buy at a gun show! I have been eyeballing Ruger 22-45s (or is it 45-22?) for a while and looked close at the last show. I found two used ones for $450 and $525 but had seen the same model for $350ish new in stores and $290ish new buy it now price on Gunbroker. The target barrel stainless model is in the $450 range but not the base model they were pushing at that price. Itís often the same story but there are also good deals to be had so know the value of what you are shopping for.
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

You and I were looking at the same overpriced Rugers Andy. I was looking for a beater project mkI/II/III, and I could not believe they were asking new retail prices+ for obviously used guns. I like new 22/45 with the threaded barrel, might just buy one of them new and skip the project!
                -J

Comment

One thing to remember: The Sportsman Show often has very-very limited number of units for sale at insanely low prices, but they will generally be limited to just a few units. So be there Thursday @ opening. Some firearms will be sold out with-in minutes.

Comment

To echo what others have said about the gun shows..................I honestly can't see why people even go to them anymore. As far as firearms go, it just seems like the junk they are trying to pawn off at high prices just changes from one vendors table to another.

Once in a great while you can find a good buy on a box of bullets or powder if you are lucky, but overall they get a big thumbs down. Most of us buy online and since they invented the flat rate USPS boxes we can even get bullets cheaper than anyone in town.

I like supporting the local shops myself and do it with powder, primer, and the occasional gun purchase, but my support usually ends if it will cost me extra money.

About the only thing that gets me to a gun show lately is if I am bored out of my skull.

Comment

You want good deals at the AGCA shows, become a member and get in 3 hours before the public. Shop in an uncrowded environment. If you want Garage sale prices go to garage sales. We have been life members of AGCA of nearly 40 years. We get into the show at 7:AM and if something is offered at too good of a deal, and I think I can buy it for $275.00 and sell it in four hours for $395.00 what do you expect me to do. 100% of my gun show purchases are from other vendors. And 85% to 90% of my sales are to other vendors. The truth is the public is just a pain in the BUTT, that thinks they should be entitled to buy at sub fair value.
                      What is even more funny is that they don't know what used firearms a worth. It cost me $55.00 per table........It cost me $115.00 for diesel fuel to drive to the show and back home. I do it for the fun and to see old friends. If you go to the Gun Show looking for a steal of a deal, you will be disappointed. If you go to have fun, ask questions, and learn, shop, haggle, horse'trade, and see interesting firearms it is a joyful way to spend the day.
                      Note: It is just a matter of years till all transactions will require a 4473 & back-round check. One of the nice things I enjoy, and I am willing to pay extra for is the lack of a paper trail on firearms transaction. I will pay $30.00 to $50.00 more than you who are looking for a steal'deal, I'll pay extra, knowing that when I bury the firearms that there is no record of my purchase. So the firearm the vendor has offered at $350.00 and that You will not buy for more than $285.00/$290.00 I will pay him $325.00 and bury it, He is happy, I am Happy, and you get to complain about the prices.
                      The bottom line is if you want it for yesterdays price............You should have bought it yesterday. (I bought a Brand-new Pre'64 Model 70 Winchester for $138.95 that was in the spring of 1966).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                        You want good deals at the AGCA shows, become a member and get in 3 hours before the public. Shop in an uncrowded environment. If you want Garage sale prices go to garage sales. We have been life members of AGCA of nearly 40 years. We get into the show at 7:AM and if something is offered at too good of a deal, and I think I can buy it for $275.00 and sell it in four hours for $395.00 what do you expect me to do. 100% of my gun show purchases are from other vendors. And 85% to 90% of my sales are to other vendors. The truth is the public is just a pain in the BUTT, that thinks they should be entitled to buy at sub fair value.
                        What is even more funny is that they don't know what used firearms a worth. It cost me $55.00 per table........It cost me $115.00 for diesel fuel to drive to the show and back home. I do it for the fun and to see old friends. If you go to the Gun Show looking for a steal of a deal, you will be disappointed. If you go to have fun, ask questions, and learn, shop, haggle, horse'trade, and see interesting firearms it is a joyful way to spend the day.
                        Note: It is just a matter of years till all transactions will require a 4473 & back-round check. One of the nice things I enjoy, and I am willing to pay extra for is the lack of a paper trail on firearms transaction. I will pay $30.00 to $50.00 more than you who are looking for a steal'deal, I'll pay extra, knowing that when I bury the firearms that there is no record of my purchase. So the firearm the vendor has offered at $350.00 and that You will not buy for more than $285.00/$290.00 I will pay him $325.00 and bury it, He is happy, I am Happy, and you get to complain about the prices.
                        The bottom line is if you want it for yesterdays price............You should have bought it yesterday. (I bought a Brand-new Pre'64 Model 70 Winchester for $138.95 that was in the spring of 1966).
                        Well more power to ya, knock yourself out. I donít mind paying a bit more for a gun right in front of me but Iím not gonna pay to get in the door then pay 40% over new retail and 60% over what I can buy it off Alaskalist for.

I guess you donít need to worry about this PITA member of the public infusing any cash into AGCA, after that post I donít feel worthy or welcome. I guess Iíll spend some diesel money and go to town next weekend to do my gun shopping.
                        Andy
                        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                        Call/Text 602-315-2406
                        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                          The truth is the public is just a pain in the BUTT
                          Then why even have the show open to the public? Seriously, vendors thinking like this are what made the good gun shows of 10-20 years ago a waste of time to go to anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowwolfe View Post
                            Then why even have the show open to the public? Seriously, vendors thinking like this are what made the good gun shows of 10-20 years ago a waste of time to go to anymore.
                            I do NOT speak for AGCA. I was speaking for myself. I have been doing the Gun Shows for nearly 40 years, back when we held them in the Armory building on Spenard Road.

Comment

Sounds like the gun show scalpers are disgruntled. Joe public has wised up to their scam. Same junk, different table. New guns usually cheaper at local gun shops. I'm not a felon or a conspiracy theorist. I'll gladly fill out another 4473.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X