Alaska State Firearm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska State Firearm

Senator Charlie Huggins proposes pre-64 Winchester Model 70 30-06Spr as official Alaska State Firearm.

http://articles.ktuu.com/2011-03-18/...akers_29143768
    sigpic

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Good choice.
    Originally posted by Timber Smith View Post
    Senator Charlie Huggins proposes pre-64 Winchester Model 70 30-06Spr as official Alaska State Firearm.

http://articles.ktuu.com/2011-03-18/...akers_29143768
    May God Bless The USA!
    If you don't study and understand history, your doomed to repeat it!

Comment

I would buy a commemorative model if they made one and put Alaska on it...

Comment

This is why we voted for a 90day session. I love guns. I love Alaska. I hate wasting time when there is important business to be done. Common' Charlie, if we are down to voting on official state guns it's time to close the session and quit wasting money.
        Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

I think a pre 64 model 70 Alaskan 338 wm would be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDoug View Post
            This is why we voted for a 90day session. I love guns. I love Alaska. I hate wasting time when there is important business to be done. Common' Charlie, if we are down to voting on official state guns it's time to close the session and quit wasting money.
            That's a good point.

Something like this might better be done by Petition. On the other hand, it might promote guns and gun owership, A GOOD THING, and he could be responding to his constituants.

I'm NOT in favor of choosing a Win Pre 64 Mdl 70.

Maybe, I'll email him to stop wasting time on this, but IF HE DOES, don't go with the Mdl 70.

Smitty of the North
            Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
            Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
            You can't out-give God.

Comment

I think an ATG rifle would be the best choice as this was used widely after WWII.

Comment

I don't think the Winchester Model 70 should be our state firearm either. They've always been a relatively expensive rifle, and not found all across the state. I don't even own a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 myself. Not only that, but the Winchester factory went out of business a year or two ago. Any current Winchesters are being made in Japan, aren't they?

I think a more relevant choice for a state rifle, that's currently being produced in the USA, and widely used in Alaska would be the Ruger Mini-14.

Comment

Originally posted by AkRay View Post
                  I don't think the Winchester Model 70 should be our state firearm either. They've always been a relatively expensive rifle, and not found all across the state. I don't even own a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 myself. Not only that, but the Winchester factory went out of business a year or two ago. Any current Winchesters are being made in Japan, aren't they?

I think a more relevant choice for a state rifle, that's currently being produced in the USA, and widely used in Alaska would be the Ruger Mini-14.
                  What? A inaccurate gun with casting and tooling marks passing for metal finish and a fence post reject "wood" stock? I admit I am prejudiced as I own 3 pre-64 M70's but I also own a mini-14.

Comment

Originally posted by AkRay View Post
                    Not only that, but the Winchester factory went out of business a year or two ago. Any current Winchesters are being made in Japan, aren't they?
                    They are now made in Virginia by FN-USA and are as good now as the pre64s.

There are a couple others Id rather see . . . lake something made or modified in Alaska but what do I know, 100 Alaskans would pick 95 different rifles so close enough.
                    Andy
                    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                    Call/Text 602-315-2406
                    Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Maybe we should come of with an Alaska State Scope... to keep a closer eye on our politicians.

Comment

I would go with the 1895 Winchester
                        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Alaska State Firearm Choice

I think the Springfield M1903 30-06 would be a great choice. It has a history here dating to WWII and the Scouts and Soldiers who defended the Aleutian Islands.

Comment

As much as I love the M70, Alaska, and the idea of a State gun... I gotta say that I (as a taxpayer) am not terribly in favor of paying to get that done.

Never mind that our Legislature goes in circles over pressing issues for our state to be preoccupied with something like this.
                            "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

aiming with a scope

Originally posted by Brian Richardson View Post
                              Maybe we should come of with an Alaska State Scope... to keep a closer eye on our politicians.
                              Oh come on now... you know you should not zoom in on anything in your scope that you don't intend to shoot....

Oops, I guess maybe you did know that.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X