Vacuum Seal Firearms.....Any Business do that.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGL4now
    replied
    Thanks, Rep point sent.

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    You might consider some of the fancy vapor no rust bags. I've used several types to put guns in storage, but haven't pulled any out to see how well they've done over the years.Bianchi once sold storage bags they called Blue Bags. Tough bags with a rust inhibitor. I've used these with good results.I think it's Kleenbore (?) that has some new bags out. I ordered some and they look good, but I haven't tried them yet as they came too late for the project I needed them for.Brownells sells "Triple Tough-Premium Storage Bags" and I used these with Vapor Wrapper Paper and/or Vapor Tabs. I've been impressed with this set up.If I had the time and $, I'd use the tough storage bags with a vapor rust inhibitor, then a vacuum sealed bag, and put all that inside a sealed PVC pipe for under ground storage.Don't forget to store some ammo! And don't forget where you put you stuff!

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied
    Originally posted by mauserboy View Post
    Problem is that with a vacuum sealer, the desiccant packets will be sealed off too, so that they could'nt work properly. I have seen some bad results with plastic wrapped firearms for storage, finishes ruined. I recommend putting one of the excellent storage coatings on your gun(s) and placing them in a soft case that could breathe. This is based on you asking about this for long term storage. Jucy my 2 cents worth.
    I figure to bury them, so they won't be breathing. I am more inclined to clean them, hose them with LPS-3 and then fill the bag with 10W oil and seal. Then wrap that in an oil soaked towel (for protection) and add a second layer of vacuum sealed bag. They would all have "Non-Wood stocks".

Leave a comment:

• mauserboy
    replied
    Problem is that with a vacuum sealer, the desiccant packets will be sealed off too, so that they could'nt work properly. I have seen some bad results with plastic wrapped firearms for storage, finishes ruined. I recommend putting one of the excellent storage coatings on your gun(s) and placing them in a soft case that could breathe. This is based on you asking about this for long term storage. Jucy my 2 cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• ADfields
    replied
    Should be able to do that yourself with a Food-Saver which is dang handy for fish and game storage also. The bags come in a roll so put sock over gun, drop in some moisture packet things, stick in bag and suck out air.

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    started a topic Vacuum Seal Firearms.....Any Business do that.

Vacuum Seal Firearms.....Any Business do that.

I want to get three firearms Vacuum Sealed. Is there a business that does this......?

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X