Remington R-15 VTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington R-15 VTR

Anyone have any experience with the Remington R-15 VTR, thinking about one for a predator rig.

Thanks

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Not directly with that model. It is either a DPMS or Bushmaster though*, and they both can make accurate ARs. Making accurate ARs isn't rocket science any longer, so you have as good a chance of getting an accurate one as any other mass market AR. For hunting they usually come down to features, finish, and doo-dads; make your choice based on those and you'll likely be safe with any of the big names.

I think the camo dip that Remington does is pretty nice looking. And the pics of the new Bushmaster ATAC look great, and maybe more multi-season/foliage useful. http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm...S20FPRED8A.asp

* I want to say that .308=DPMS and .223=Bushmaster, but my memory is short AND bad, so I could be mis-remembering.
    Last edited by scottr; 02-25-2011, 23:50. Reason: added camo info

Comment

Thanks Sir, Just seems like it would make a great predator rig.

Comment

Steve,
        I bought one of the R25's in 308 a year ago and it seems well made and shoots good enuff - only complaint I have is its heavy!
        Not sure what the R15's weigh vs R25's?
        Randy
        When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Mr Randy,

Mine weighs 8lbs with the scope. Hope to get out and get some blood on it when the weather moderates a little. Got a wolf hunt in mind for it and those suckers never seem to stop running. Should have a report soon with any luck.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
            Mr Randy,

Mine weighs 8lbs with the scope. Hope to get out and get some blood on it when the weather moderates a little. Got a wolf hunt in mind for it and those suckers never seem to stop running. Should have a report soon with any luck.

Steve
            Hmmm, what scope did you dress it with and what mount height did you settle on? I put Lupy Highs on this gun and it maybeeee could use one notch higher IMO ?
            Randy
            When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Stid, what caliber is that chambered in?
              "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Right now it has a Nikon BDC 6x18x44 and a set of weaver quad locks. I will most likely change both after I build my piggy bank up some. That Sako Kodiak I bought put a dent in my war chest. I'm going to look at some risers in town today to get the scope a little higher so I can better access the charging handle.

I bought the .223 hoping it will be fur friendly.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                  I bought the .223 hoping it will be fur friendly.
                  Can't argue with that. I like a bolt gun in .22-250, but for an AR, .223 all the way. FMJ only, I presume. Is it camo?
                  Look out wolves!

"When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Steve,
                    U musta got the 18in vs that starts out at 6.75lbs naked?
                    My son is getting my 308 so I did not really settle on a scope as he can dress it with his choice, but tried a 2.5 x 8 x33 Lupy and a 3.5 x 10 x 40 Lupy I had laying around and can't say either one had a big plus over the other. I think the 2.5 x 8 may be my choice in 223 as it will likely do all I am capable of out to say 400....
                    Although lately I have been eyeballing a Lupy 6x in the widefield as it may give me what I would want on a running target - not that I would ever miss one standing and then have to shoot at it running???
                    Randy

Comment

I have a Remington bolt action 22-250 and found that those wolves could out run me shooting it. I decided on the camo carbine version with the sliding stock, should be great to carry on a snowmachine. Picked up some 55 grain FMJs and hope to give them a try.

Steve

Comment

Liked mine so much I bought another.....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X