Slackin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slackin'

Somehow Ruger snuck a 9.3 X 74R chambering into their lineup of the No. 1 Sporter and I just now found out! Neat. I know, not very practical unless you are in Europe where it's probably as popular as our '06, but it still seems like a nice fit for those of us who like the classics.

Does anyone know if maybe Hornady will produce ammo for this caliber? I know that they like to collaborate on gun/cartridge projects with the likes of Ruger and Marlin.

All they need now is a good .450 3 1/2" NE and we'll be good to go! Oh yea, they did have the .404 Jeffery for a short time in the No. 1 Tropical, didn't they? I suppose people are kinda picky about little issues like ammo availability! =^D

Dave

A 9.3 X74....wow!

Dave,

Great! Can I get on the list? I hope that's true and I hope hornady makes brass. I have dies and have loaded for this one a little. They did make the 404 Jeff at least a few of them. I saw one for sale on Guns America for $2200 in the 1-H (tropical), the seller said there were only 80 of them. The 405 Win is also a standard caliber in the 1-H and Hornady supports it with a 300 grain .411" bullet and good brass. It would be great to see a 9.3 X74. That's the first caliber I ever hunted with in Germany.

I would have to differ with the next caliber of choice for the No. 1, it would have to be the 450-400 3" (The 400 Jeffery). Oh, heck why not the whole N.E. line-up. Now that would be cool. Some good shootin'.

Murphy

BTW Thanks for the kind word!
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X