Optics for .338 RUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics for .338 RUM

I'm looking to get a scope for my 338 RUM and need some advice i have been looking at the Zeiss Conquest or the Leupold VX III Any thoughts,opinions or advice?

One that can handle a lot of recoil!! haha.. Did you get that rifle yet?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Since that cartridge has the ability to reach out far and slap something even harder, I would recommend a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 scope for it. Excellent scope for the money that won't disappoint.

Comment

for that rifle, I would put a burris black diamond 4-16X50 scope on it. they are a little more expensive than the Leupold, but I have one on my 300 RUM and it has been flawless. I would go to somewhere that carries all 3 brands of scopes and look through each of them. there was no comparison from the VX-III and burris. I'm glad that I looked through the burris before I bought. BTW...the nearest scope that competes with a black diamond is the Leupold LPS and that is in most cases $500 or more expensive than a black diamond.

Comment

Well what are you planning to hunt with the rifle?
          I can give you some advice if i know that...

Good hunting

Comment

Originally posted by svehunter View Post
            Well what are you planning to hunt with the rifle?
            I can give you some advice if i know that...

Good hunting

Pretty much any big game in Alaska.

Comment

3.5X10X40, 4.5X14X40, 3X12X40,3X10X40 or a 2.5X8X36 from any of the major manufacturers will do fine. I have a 3X9X40 Burris FFII with the Ballistic Plex reticle on my 300 RUM and it works just fine.

Comment

I would go with a good 3-9x40 from leupold, good all around scope

Good hunting

Comment

NXS

I'm putting a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 on my 338rum. It can definately handle the forces.

Comment

sccopes

You need nothing bigger than a 3x9x40 range. The bigger scores take up more room and weigh more. I have a leupold 3x9x40 IIX on my .375 ultra mag and it works fine. THere is no need for anything bigger as you can shoot 400 yards just fine through that scope.

Comment

Originally posted by northway View Post
                      You need nothing bigger than a 3x9x40 range. The bigger scores take up more room and weigh more. I have a leupold 3x9x40 IIX on my .375 ultra mag and it works fine. THere is no need for anything bigger as you can shoot 400 yards just fine through that scope.
                      Exactly what i think,good point

Comment

Hard to beat the Leupold 2.5 x 8 for any rifle in Alaska except for the very big bores.

Comment

I just went through this a few months ago. I couldn't justify the extra money for the 4.5-14x40. I figured I'd rather have 2.5 on the low end than 4.5. And the 8 on the high end is plenty for long shots ( long shots being 3-400 yds). I am very happy with the Leupold VXIII 2.5-8x36. I am surprised that Leupold doesn't make a VXIII 3-9x40. I'd probaby have bought that.
                          A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X