X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms trivia question Thursday April 23rd

An easy one,

TRUE or FALSE

The first Ruger Model 77 had a tang mounted sliding safety that only locked the trigger mechanism and the Ruger M-77 MKII has a bolt shroud mounted three position safety that locks the firing pin in both safe positions like a Model 70 or Mauser.
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

False? Years ago one big bull caribou had me so flustered I couldn't cycle the bolt on my old M77, I forgot the tang-safety was on!

Comment

TRUE or FALSE

I meant to make that question two parts.

A. The first Ruger Model 77 had a tang mounted sliding safety that only locked the trigger mechanism.

B. The Ruger M-77 MKII has a bolt shroud mounted three position safety that locks the firing pin in both safe positions like a Model 70 or Mauser.

True or false on both.

Comment

Not on the one I had. False.

Comment

Yeap, the new M77MKII safety kinda looks like a M-70 safety, but it is really mounted in/on the receiver assembly.
          It only locks the firing pin in the last position (bolt locked) in the first safety position it only locks up the trigger mechanism.
          Attached Files

Comment

Also

Yes it is true the 1st Ruger 77 locked the bolt and trigger then somewhere in the late 80's if I remember right they (Ruger) made a change to the tang safety Where you could open the bolt while the rifle was on safe. Then the mKII came out... To add the ruger 77 trivia was the tang safety 77 a CRF rifle???

Comment

To add the ruger 77 trivia was the tang safety 77 a CRF rifle???
              \\

That was a furture trivia question. I even took photos of both bolt faces....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X