Firearms trivia question Monday April 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms trivia question Monday April 20

In 1919 Winchester rifle designer T.C. Johnson developed a 6.8mm projectiled cartridge designed around the 30-06 case. It was introduced in a limited run hand made rifle known as the "Winchester Imperial Sporting Rifle".
    The Imperial was also known as the Model 51 Winchester.

Full scale production of a mass produced model was not begun until around 1925, due to a little trickery on the part of their competitor Remington.

What famous cartridge was born from this Winchester project and what were the next two model numbers (evolutionary steps) for this famous rifle design?
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

it has to be

The .270 winchester !
    Little bullets might expand ! But big bullets never shrink !
    When you swim with big fish try not to act like bait !

Comment

I second the .270 and add models 54 and 70.

Comment

YES INDEED!

The 270 Winchester.

The Model 54 came out in the mid 1925 and was basically a mass production Model 51.

The Model 70 was introduced around 1936 if I remember correctly and was an improved model 54.

Nothing gets by you guys.... I gotta think up another one for tommorrow...
        Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
        Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Well Float Pilot how about a little 30 minute spin around Peterson bay in that Cub for the prize. I'll be up in July to visit my Uncle.

Comment

Man... that was an easy one.... and I was slow on the draw :rolleyes:
            "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
            ~ John Quincy Adams

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X