Firearms trivia question April 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms trivia question April 18th

What type of rifling did Marlin re-introduce in their big-bore lever guns about 10 years ago and why?

BONUS QUESTION:

Are the new model 1895 Marlins in 45-70 the same rifle as the original Marlin 45-70s from 100 years ago?
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Ballard type for those wanting to shoot cast bullets although it's my understanding that marlins will shoot well with the micro groove if everything is right. I don't have one so that is just what Iv'e heard.

Comment

rbuck351 is the winner. And he is right that they supposedly shot lead ok with Micro Groove, according the Marlin. But then again they changed over to Ballard style so who knows.....

Anyone gonna guess the bonus Question?

Comment

1895s

No the new and old are not the same rifle. I believe the most obvious difference is that thed old 95s had a flat bolt like the 94s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid View Post
          No the new and old are not the same rifle. I believe the most obvious difference is that thed old 95s had a flat bolt like the 94s.
          Don't forget the addition of a cross-bolt safety as well.
          Gun-Steuerung arbeitet für uns!
          (let us not repeat history...)

Comment

You guys got it. The rifles being marketed now are really just a model 336 action according to the take-down manuals.

It turns out that the model 336 was some sort of improved model 36 which came out in 1936.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X