Am I reading this correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I reading this correctly?

Somebody better at reading these things please help me. Does this mean that yesterday this passed the Alaska House and is in the Senate?

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/g...=26&bill=HB186

(H)
    PASSED Y32 N7 E1

Reconsider passed as well, with same vote, & has been transmitted to Senate...

Is now in Seante Judiciary Committee...

Comment

Its for guns built in Alaska
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Huh, it just so happens that I built all of my AR's... (wink wink)

- Clint
        /_|o[____]o
        [1---L-OllllllO-
        ()_)()_)==)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
          Its for guns built in Alaska
          That is the point. Fed has no authority over what happens inside a state. They have just high jacked a bunch of things in the name of "interstate commerce".

Comment

One change

I think that a bill should be written up that says once a firearm is in the state, coming from any legal source, the federales have no say over them. Now that would truly affirm State Sovereignty. Yup, sounds good to me.

Comment

Not covered

Originally posted by Alaskacajun View Post
              Huh, it just so happens that I built all of my AR's... (wink wink)

- Clint
              The Lower reciever has to be manufactured in Alaska by a company and stamped "Made in Alaska" by that company.
              The rest of the parts are supposed to be manufactured in Alaska as well but don't have to be stamped "Made in Alaska".

Comment

Originally posted by brav01 View Post
                The Lower reciever has to be manufactured in Alaska by a company and stamped "Made in Alaska" by that company.
                The rest of the parts are supposed to be manufactured in Alaska as well but don't have to be stamped "Made in Alaska".
                Yup, but an AR type lower receiver is one of the easier things on an AR to machine.
                Andy
                On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                Call/Text 602-315-2406
                Phoenix Arizona

Comment

I know... that's why I winked....

- Clint
                  /_|o[____]o
                  [1---L-OllllllO-
                  ()_)()_)==)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskacajun View Post
                    I know... that's why I winked....

- Clint
                    Seems to me that the only "firearm" part of an AR rifle is the lower receiver.

SO, if someone, (say me) Was considering getting a bunch of 80% lowers and an ffl, technically they would be made in Alaska AR rifles. (since any part other then the actual lower forging isnt the firearm)

Of course, I am waiting on tons of legal background and the wife's permission before i even think about doing anything that stupid. *cough*

Comment

Manufactured

Originally posted by North Polar View Post
                      Seems to me that the only "firearm" part of an AR rifle is the lower receiver.

SO, if someone, (say me) Was considering getting a bunch of 80% lowers and an ffl, technically they would be made in Alaska AR rifles. (since any part other then the actual lower forging isnt the firearm)

Of course, I am waiting on tons of legal background and the wife's permission before i even think about doing anything that stupid. *cough*
                      I believe it says it has to be "MANUFACTURED in ALASKA" not machined in Alaska. The actual raw materials would be exempt but the forgeings and machineing would have to be ALL Alaskan; Thus "Made in Alaska".

Comment

I love it! Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Montana has done the same thing or is at least in the process. Gotta love the 10th ammendment used as it is supposed to be.
                        "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Comment

YES

Originally posted by ARKY View Post
                          I love it! Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Montana has done the same thing or is at least in the process. Gotta love the 10th ammendment used as it is supposed to be.
                          I think there are 23 states at present who have this kind of bill under consideration. None have passed one yet though.

Comment

I believe it says it has to be "MANUFACTURED in ALASKA" not machined in Alaska. The actual raw materials would be exempt but the forgeings and machineing would have to be ALL Alaskan; Thus "Made in Alaska".
                            Nuts...

Btw I believe Montana's version of this passed yesterday or today. Was reading about it on arfcom.

Comment

We pulled in castings and forgings from all over the world and marked them USA as part of the CNC process. Also during the Madi-Griffen 50bmg kit gun mess the ATF told us we could send them out up to 80% complete without a number on it and its not yet a gun. The guy that completes the last 20% must apply for the number and is considered to be the manufacturer of the gun. Naturally the wording of our Alaska state law would be the determining factor as to what is considered Alaska made.
                              Andy
                              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                              Call/Text 602-315-2406
                              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X