Perforated Shotgun Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perforated Shotgun Barrel

I ran across a Remington 11-87 Premier that has a target barrel with a screw-in choke and several "factory looking" perforations in the barrel just south of the choke. I'm sorry, but I don't know the technical name for the perforations or holes, but I'm guessing they suppress or disperse or do something to improve the way the gun operates. Can someone tell me what they are intended for, and is this a customization, or did some factory barrels actually come like this.

Thanks,

OF

The function is the same as mag na porting on a handgun,reduce recoil and hurt the person shooting next to you ears
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
      The function is the same as mag na porting on a handgun,reduce recoil and hurt the person shooting next to you ears
      Exactly! My Mossburg 835 has a ported barrel....and my duck huntin' buddy is always complaining about his ears ringing I don't think it really reduces the recoil much though...still kicks like any other 12 gauge pump.
      Nice Marmot.

Comment

It's not designed to reduce recoil much, but rather to reduce muzzle jump allowing faster follow-up shots. There's also been a bit of research that suggests the porting will slow the wad a bit, resulting in slightly denser shot patterns as the wad doesn't tumble through the back third of the shot cloud as it opens slows down.
        Gun-Steuerung arbeitet für uns!
        (let us not repeat history...)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X