Remington XCR vs Alaskan TI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington XCR vs Alaskan TI

I really like my Remington 700 BDL but would like an all weather gun since I seem to be in rain or snow alot. I have one XCR in 375 ultra and would like one in 300 win mag. I have thoughts of sheep hunting and would like a light gun. The Alaskan TI is 1 3/8's # lighter. I have seen alot of talk about a light rifle when sheep hunting from you guys. Is the difference in the weight worth the difference in the price. I know the TI has a few differences along with being lighter. Thanks, Mark

It kinda' depends on how much sheep huntin' you're planing on doing! Some people hunt sheep every year...and then other critters as time, work and finances allow.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Comment

I would just get the stainless SPS. All you get with the XCR is a little bit better crappy stock and a finish that is not worth the extra dough. The Ti has a nice stock but you could do the same thing to the SPS. It might be hard to get the SPS down to the weight of the Ti though. 6 1/4 in would be fun to carry but wouldn't be fun to shoot too many times.
      Henry Bowman for President

Comment

I think you would still do better with another xcr. I have one in 375 H&H and I love it. Randy at Guns Galore should be able to get you a deal on it.

Ron
        "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

I have a XCR chambered in 375 RUM. I had the barrel shortened to 21"s... It weighs around 7 lbs loaded... I love it.

Oh, and it kicks!

- Clint
          /_|o[____]o
          [1---L-OllllllO-
          ()_)()_)==)_)

Comment

Your question

Mark, "is it worth the $$ for a pound and 1/2", NO. Don't get me wrong, the TI is a great rifle but also twice the price as an XCR. I have an XCR in a .300 WSM and in my opinion its the best rifle that remington has put out since the model 721. Go with the XCR.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X