No announcement yet.

The new .375 Ruger M77 Hawkeye Alaskan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the Range a few days ago with a buddy who had one new in the box. He shot under and inch at 50 yards with iron sights. He did not have the same luck at 100 yards, mostly because the iron sights took-up most of the target. Still, minute of moose. It was a good feeling gun. I liked the short barrel. The recoil was a BIG push, unlike the slap with a 2x4 my 300 RUM gives you. He hated the RUM actually and shot a box of Hornady 270 grain pointy bullets happily. It looks like the 375 Ruger will be a big hit here in AK anyway. It has pretty good ballistics and feeds much nicer than the 375 H&H. As stated earlier, the ammo will be hard to get. There is reloading equipment available here in Anch. I saw dies and bullets at GNG. Brass is available online at Cabelas I think. Best of luck with the primers and powders.

Comment

I have the African model. It is easily one of the two best shooting guns I own. I had the factory walnut stock glass bedded and an extra crossbolt installed in the grip. With my reloads it constantly shoots 1/2-3/4" 5 shot groups.

I have tried the 260 Accubonds, 235 TSX, and the 270 TSX. I have a stout load for each that all produce groups well under an inch.

I now prefer the Barnes TSX after seeing an Accubond shatter after hitting bone in the moose I shot last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentC View Post
        I have the African model. It is easily one of the two best shooting guns I own. I had the factory walnut stock glass bedded and an extra crossbolt installed in the grip. With my reloads it constantly shoots 1/2-3/4" 5 shot groups.

I have tried the 260 Accubonds, 235 TSX, and the 270 TSX. I have a stout load for each that all produce groups well under an inch.

I now prefer the Barnes TSX after seeing an Accubond shatter after hitting bone in the moose I shot last year.
        I too have good results with the Accubond and TSX loads. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck last September, I got skunked so no holes in Moose to talk about.

I did pull my Houge stock off and weighed it last night just for grins. It weighed 33 ounces, I was quite surprised that it's heavier than the claim about the Fiberglass stock below.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X