Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun show finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gun show finds

    Went up to the AK Gun Collectors show at Palmer yesterday and was generally disappointed. However following the Wasilla and Lions Club shows I think a lot of people were about sold out.

    I did stumble across a 1.5- 6X scope on one table with a price sticker of $30 on it. It had auJenna marked on and was obviously German but it wasn't marked with a name or Germany. I did a double look to make sure I wasn't missing an extra zero on the price tag and the whipped out a $20 and a $10 and didn't even try to beat him down on the price.

    When I got it home and looked on the internet it was as I suspected - a Zeiss Jena - now Docter Optics - scope. It was sold by Waffen Frankonia under their house brand hence the lack of a name.

    What good deals did everyone else find?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  • #2
    Lead and .45ACP primers

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty lame IMO....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nate View Post
        Pretty lame IMO....
        Ditto...

        It was like a massive garage sale with people getting rid of stuff and tryin' to take advantage by jackin' up the prices. As an example, there was a Bushmaster M4 A3 model that wasn't too decked out and obviously had seen its better days...$1,900.00! :eek: There were a few booths selling spent brass picked up from ranges but there was no telling how many times they had already been reloaded.

        There were some decent deals but overall it was a major disappointment. At least my $7.00 went to a good cause.
        America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

        Psalms 109:8

        Comment


        • #5
          Anybody have an idea or hear what all those primers went for at the auction? Just wondering. I asked one vendor what he wanted for a brick of primers, $50. I just kept walking.

          Comment


          • #6
            primers

            Got 4000 primers @ $30 per 1000 that alone was worth the trip . Any time I can save a trip to Anchorage makes me happy.
            Owner of Bear Mountain Meats Game Processing .
            907-745-4756

            Comment


            • #7
              Something weird about Ruger Mini 14s. Saw several, stainless, blue, Ranch model, pre-Ranch model every one I saw was priced between $600 to $650. I don't think I've seen prices so consistent-no matter what the condition of the rifle.
              I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

              Comment


              • #8
                This is the first gun show in a while where the only money I spent was for entry fee. And yikes, $7 entry for that show was like buying $50 primers. Seems like everyone is on the rip off the gun buyers while you can bandwagon. Glad I'm sitting on enough supplies for the next 15 or 20 years.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                  This is the first gun show in a while where the only money I spent was for entry fee. And yikes, $7 entry for that show was like buying $50 primers. Seems like everyone is on the rip off the gun buyers while you can bandwagon. Glad I'm sitting on enough supplies for the next 15 or 20 years.

                  Just to add to the gunshow price thing. The last GS in Orlando cost....$9 to get in.
                  Did get free parking but $9?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HELLO........It is called.....inflation. They should raise their prices, or better yet they should refuse to sell their tools (firearms) that have real value in exchange for depreciating green paper. If you'all was smart you would stop complaining about the prices, and as fast as you can find some fool who will trade anything useful for your green paper. You can store your future purchasing power in green paper, or in real things, like tools, land, firearms, food.
                    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
                      .....trade anything useful for your green paper. You can store your future purchasing power in green paper, or in real things, like tools, land, firearms, food.
                      Yup, the fed funny munny they are "printing" is a back door ripp-off of our financial future. It may end up being stuffed in a can in the outhouse
                      A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hopeak
                        Well, you can call it inflation or any thing else you want. I call $7 for THAT show a rip off. I am forced to use my rapidly inflating dollars as wisely as possible. Buying things now because they will be higher later doesn't work well with my mortgage company because they still refuse to take chickens and tools and such as payment. I do not know your situation nor would I attempt
                        to tell you that your dumb for not doing things my way. I look at this as paying a cover charge to shop at a store. Well, there are plenty of stores that don't charge to look. I just spent $14 (wife went along) for nothing and even with the almost worthless dollar, thats still not a good deal. Have a nice day! Buck

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                          Hopeak
                          Well, you can call it inflation or any thing else you want. I call $7 for THAT show a rip off. I am forced to use my rapidly inflating dollars as wisely as possible. Buying things now because they will be higher later doesn't work well with my mortgage company because they still refuse to take chickens and tools and such as payment. I do not know your situation nor would I attempt
                          to tell you that your dumb for not doing things my way. I look at this as paying a cover charge to shop at a store. Well, there are plenty of stores that don't charge to look. I just spent $14 (wife went along) for nothing and even with the almost worthless dollar, thats still not a good deal. Have a nice day! Buck
                          Sounds like the mortgage is the problem, not the door charge. Sorry, you did not enjoy the show.
                          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The place was packed with people though, almost to capacity. I'd like to see this event go to a larger space, maybe the sports complex in Wasilla?

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X