Old wood S&W box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old wood S&W box

I have had a couple of revolvers put away in the safe for a few years and just took them out and found that the blue fuzzy stuff that the plastic insert was lined with has come off and onto the revolver. Looks bad but it also looks like it might come off. Anyone had a similar problem. Looks like it affected only one gun. Any similar experience out there.

Thats why you put dehumidifiers in gun safes.

Comment

AHA I think I see the light.

Comment

It does seem strange that nothing else was affected. Why just one wood box no others and no other guns not boxed show any signs of moisture. They were all subjected to the same conditions over the years.??

Comment

I have seen lots of posts on some of the gun forums about the same thing and have seen a few presentation boxes first hand that showed a lot of damage to lining in the manner described. I am not sure if it is moisture related or not. That blue material just wasn't any good.

Comment

I have also seen several types of these boxes felt liners break down. The blue stuff may just be made w, a chemical that breaks down over time.

Comment

Acid in the wood reacting with the blue material maybe?

Andy
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X