Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tikka Lite

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tikka Lite

    Tikka T3 lite in .270. Synthetic stock, parkerized action & barrel. Like new condition with Burris signiture,Ballistic Plex scope 3x9-40.
    $600.00.

    I looking at this rifle tonight, but have never owned a Tikka. In your opinion is this a good buy?
    Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

  • #2
    Tikka

    This is an excellent rifle and should be an excellent purchase. These rifles tend to be very accurate. They have adjustable triggers and a detachable 3 round magazine with the availability to substitute a 5 round mag.
    SO; IF you like a 270 "Batter Up".

    Comment


    • #3
      YEP

      If you want a .270, I say buy it!

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys.
        Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

        Comment


        • #5
          That's an excellent buy. Get it.
          Now what ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stevelyn View Post
            That's an excellent buy. Get it.
            I did! $525.00
            Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool. That's a steal. Welcome to the growing Tikka Brotherhood. You are going to love the trigger, the light weight and accuracy. :cool:

              A couple sugestions. Swap out the recoil pad for a Limbsaver and the stock rings for a set of Talley's. I haven't had any issues with my rings, but a lot of folks have with their's so I'm not waiting around for something to go wrong.
              Now what ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the info.
                Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stevelyn View Post
                  A couple sugestions. Swap out the recoil pad for a Limbsaver and the stock rings for a set of Talley's. I haven't had any issues with my rings, but a lot of folks have with their's so I'm not waiting around for something to go wrong.
                  +1

                  Did that exactly same thing with my Tikka 300WM prior to even leaving the store. T3 Lites are great medium weight guns for the money. You won't be disapointed. On a side note I think you did youself a favor by getting the regular 270 as opposed the 270 WSM in just ammo availability and price. No real advantage as the action on the Tikka T3s are the same regardless of its a WSM or not. Hence I chose the 300 WM over the 300 WSM for the same reason. You will not regret your purchase especially at that price with a scope.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
                    +1

                    Did that exactly same thing with my Tikka 300WM prior to even leaving the store. T3 Lites are great medium weight guns for the money. You won't be disapointed. On a side note I think you did youself a favor by getting the regular 270 as opposed the 270 WSM in just ammo availability and price. No real advantage as the action on the Tikka T3s are the same regardless of its a WSM or not. Hence I chose the 300 WM over the 300 WSM for the same reason. You will not regret your purchase especially at that price with a scope.
                    I sold my Ruger 270 about 10 years ago and have wanted to pick up another one. This one really fit the bill.

                    Thanks
                    Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kingfisherktn View Post
                      Tikka T3 lite in .270. Synthetic stock, parkerized action & barrel. Like new condition with Burris signiture,Ballistic Plex scope 3x9-40.
                      $600.00.

                      I looking at this rifle tonight, but have never owned a Tikka. In your opinion is this a good buy?

                      Reply:

                      The price you quoted for the rifle/scope is good. As far as the rifle goes, I have one in a Tikka/T3 Lite in .338WM, and like it's durability and weight. I have had several Ruger MK11 in the same caliber, and because of their increase in weight they proved to be more accurate (providing the stock was correctly free-floated). This is just to make a comparison based on characteristics.

                      It is "NOT" a Sako Rifle, a big misnomer, in which I mislead myself in believing as to the parent company that Tikka is owned and manufactured by. It maybe manufactured by Sako, but in no way shape or form compares to a rifle that incorporates materials of much higher grades and tolerances. I have shot both, and Tikka doe's shoot well, but Sako Rifles demostrate a higher degree of stability and balance that is unbelievable.

                      For what it's worth.

                      Joe

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It is "NOT" a Sako Rifle, a big misnomer, in which I mislead myself in believing as to the parent company that Tikka is owned and manufactured by. It maybe manufactured by Sako, but in no way shape or form compares to a rifle that incorporates materials of much higher grades and tolerances. I have shot both, and Tikka doe's shoot well, but Sako Rifles demostrate a higher degree of stability and balance that is unbelievable.
                        True. Until a few years ago, Sako and Tikka were two unrelated, independent companies. Other than for Sako buying out Tikka, nothing else has really changed.
                        Now what ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My friend bought one a those fantsy Sako's(well over $1000) for his Delta Sheep Permit hunt. While trying to sight it in before his hunt it wouldn't stay zeroed and come to find out the barrel was coming loose on this brand new gun. Nobody want to deal with the gun because it was brand new and told him he need to send it back to Sako. Needless to say he had to barrow a gun to go on his hunt.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How was the recoil on your Tikka T3 338 wm? Also how is it holding up with such a large caliber? The reviews are great on this rifle and I was just wondering how it was in the 338 or would it be better in the 300 wm.

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X