Scope Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope Recommendation

Looking for some advice as to what scope I should put on my .338 Mag. I don't want to spend more than $350 on one though, and would like something in the 3-9X40mm range. I have tried a Bushnell 3200 and a Leupold VX-II, but had problems with both. I'm interested in the Cabelas Alaska Guide Premuim Scopes but don't have any experience with them.

Nikon Monarch & Burris Fulfield II are my favorites.

Comment

Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm for 389 or 399 great scope and won't let you down.
      A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
      THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
      THE HEART OF A CHILD
      THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Comment

I have a NIB Leupold Vari X III 2.5x8. Still factory sealed in the box. $350.

Comment

For under 350.00, there is probably no better of a scope than the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X42.... at least in my opinion.
          375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Comment

WOW!!! Somebody needs to jump on that Leupold one for sure, great scope and great price.
            A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
            THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
            THE HEART OF A CHILD
            THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Comment

I've got a Leupold 2.5-8 on my 338. Love that scope-spent a week under water and still works fine.

KK

Comment

Take alook at Sightron very good quality for the $

Comment

Leupold?

Just curious as to what kind of problems you had with the Vari-x II? I have several of them and haven't had any problems with them.
                  LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Comment

I'd say that any of the Leupolds would be your best bet since its a 338 WM. That will prevent you from getting kissed by whatever scope you buy. I am not reccomending a leupold because the glass is so bright that you could night hunt, I am reccomending em because they handle recoil well and have the most generous eye relief of any scope in your price range. I have a VX-III 2.5-8x36 on my 338 and would say its about the best scope for that application. I would jump on that one Snowwolfe is selling or find you another new one for about that price, thats the perfect scope for a 338WM.

Comment

What Alaska Cub said
                      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
                      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Burris...

I have Burris on several rifles from 300 Weatherby to my Armalite AR-50 (50 bmg) and I can honestly say that I would not buy anything else. I have owned the Fullfield line on a few rifles, the Signature Series is on the 300, and the 50 BMG has a Black Diamond. After several years, they all hold their zero. I lapped the rings and torqued the bases evenly. Lifetime warranty, excellent customer service, and a very high quality product. Check Midway and Midsouth Shooters Supply for prices. Cabelas has some models on sale occasionally. For your 338, I would suggest the Signature Series.
                        The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

I have an old Leupold Vary-X III 2.5-8x on my .338 WM, and it have been on this rifle since 1992. Great little scope, but a little short, so I had to get extension rings for it. However, newer ones are a little longer than the one I have (Leupold made a longer version later). It's my favorite scope on the .338WM with lots of eye relief.

Comment

On my 30-06 the Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm is my favorite hands down for the hunting application.
                            A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                            THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                            THE HEART OF A CHILD
                            THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaCub View Post
                              I'd say that any of the Leupolds would be your best bet since its a 338 WM. That will prevent you from getting kissed by whatever scope you buy. I am not reccomending a leupold because the glass is so bright that you could night hunt, I am reccomending em because they handle recoil well and have the most generous eye relief of any scope in your price range. I have a VX-III 2.5-8x36 on my 338 and would say its about the best scope for that application. I would jump on that one Snowwolfe is selling or find you another new one for about that price, thats the perfect scope for a 338WM.
                              The Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 has a full 4 " of eye relief through out it's power range.
                              375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X