Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30-06 Ruger M77 Hawkeye In Three Weeks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 30-06 Ruger M77 Hawkeye In Three Weeks

    I was told by my dealer that the Ruger M77 Hawkeye 30-06 I have ordered will come from the factory to the distributor in 10 days then it will be shipped to the dealer and that means about three weeks. Here is what I will be getting.

    Ruger M77 Hawkeye 30-06 Blued/Wood


    Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

  • #2
    Nice pickup those HE's are superb for the $$$

    Comment


    • #3
      340Wby,

      We shall see how it does, but I am under no delusion, the Ruger Hawkeye is a hunting rifle period and if I get hunting accuracy that will be sufficient. I have had great shooters through out my life and the first was a Sako 308, the second a Ruger Mk II 30-06 and it shot as good as the Mark V Custom did.

      It was also my main hunting rifle from 1979-1990. It is the rifle I did a lot of culling on deer, hogs and coyotes in Mississippi. It is also the rifle using my 165gr deer load at that time, that I took 52 coyotes in a year and a half, the closest was 125yds the farthest was 426yds and my average shot over 52 kills was 290yds. By the way, what is so neat is that the scope on that 06 was a Leupold 2.5-8x36mm like the one that will be on the new Hawkeye.

      Like my articles "Some Times You Go Back" and "An Old Thing, A Good Thing, That Called Me Back" which were about that Ruger Mk II 30-06. Strange how some things work out the way they do. I am right back to where I began and that is not a bad place to be.
      A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
      THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
      THE HEART OF A CHILD
      THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

      Comment


      • #4
        Good pick up. I love the 06, and yesterday loaded up 80 rounds for mine.
        Visit my site, Guncraft, for exotic wood gun grips.

        Comment


        • #5
          Are you selling off all your Weatherby's to get all these new Rugers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RugerM77.270 View Post
            Are you selling off all your Weatherby's to get all these new Rugers?
            I am slowly selling off a bunch of my rifles and also my Weatherby's.
            A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
            THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
            THE HEART OF A CHILD
            THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beartooth View Post
              I am slowly selling off a bunch of my rifles and also my Weatherby's.
              i have sold so many guns over the years that (looking back) should have stayed. original 1886 win .33 cal takedown, colt bisley, new service, saa, red label .20ga, well........you get the idea.

              without sounding like a smart*****, my plan is not to sell, but to upgrade by trading common (and replaceable) firearms, for something special.

              best of luck on your future "trades".
              happy trails.
              jh

              Comment


              • #8
                The Ruger M77 Hawkeye is a real step up for Ruger and a honest attempt to make a better quality product at a competitive price than the Mark II.

                1. They now cold hammer forge their own barrels.

                2. They put a new trigger on the M77 and it is great.

                3. They improved their process of matt-finish on blued and stainless.

                4. They change the ergonomics of the stock and it is a dream to handle with great balance.

                5. Not to mention their already true control feed.

                6. Not to mention their already great three position safety.

                7. Not to mention their system for mounting the scope.

                8. On top of all of this their wood and it's finish is better looking.

                9. On top of all of this their over all fit and finish as well as looks is much better.

                10. They are consistently more accurate on average than in the past.

                They are much more interested in the complete rifle and what the customer wants today than Ruger has ever been and they have done a great job. Very good and versatile hunting rifle that has been well thought out.
                A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                THE HEART OF A CHILD
                THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                Comment


                • #9
                  What do you plan on shooting in it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Depending on what I am hunting, the 165gr Sierra HPBT, 168gr Nosler BT, 180gr Accubond, 200gr A-Frame and 220gr Sierra Pro Hunter.
                    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                    THE HEART OF A CHILD
                    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by beartooth View Post


                      1. They now cold hammer forge their own barrels.

                      2. They put a new trigger on the M77 and it is great.

                      1. Yep. They've been forging their own since about 1992. I have 2, a .243 and .338 and both are great shooters.

                      2. I really want to agree with you here! Really. And compared to the M77MkII, oh yeah, much better! BUT...have you touched one of Ruger's new "Tactical" rifles? Only 3 choices right now, .223, .243, and .308. Now those are triggers! ...AND sold on Rugers. oh, and those new triggers are on their "varmit rifles" as well.

                      Dont get me wrong, I like the new LC-6, but that 2 stage trigger on the tactical is sick, especially for Ruger.

                      And BTW, If I was building a go-to "hunting rifle", I couldn't have made better choices than your order. Nice set-up!

                      Northern

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        1. Yep. They've been forging their own since about 1992. I have 2, a .243 and .338 and both are great shooters.

                        2. I really want to agree with you here! Really. And compared to the M77MkII, oh yeah, much better! BUT...have you touched one of Ruger's new "Tactical" rifles? Only 3 choices right now, .223, .243, and .308. Now those are triggers! ...AND sold on Rugers. oh, and those new triggers are on their "varmit rifles" as well.

                        Dont get me wrong, I like the new LC-6, but that 2 stage trigger on the tactical is sick, especially for Ruger.

                        And BTW, If I was building a go-to "hunting rifle", I couldn't have made better choices than your order. Nice set-up!

                        Northern
                        Thanks, I am looking forward to playing with it and getting it ready for hunting season.
                        A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                        THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                        THE HEART OF A CHILD
                        THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          All of the shiney and black guns out there and you get a blue/walnut model? Gotta love it!

                          My honest opinion is that you have just purchased the finest production rifle on the market in the sub grand price range and better than many that cost over a grand!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
                            All of the shiney and black guns out there and you get a blue/walnut model? Gotta love it!

                            My honest opinion is that you have just purchased the finest production rifle on the market in the sub grand price range and better than many that cost over a grand!
                            +1 and I do agree for what I got for the money spent.
                            A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                            THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                            THE HEART OF A CHILD
                            THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So you've been converted from a Weatherby man to a Ruger man? Well you always have good taste in thunder sticks

                              Nice outfits BT
                              "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
                              ~ John Quincy Adams

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X