CCI handgun shotshell ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCI handgun shotshell ammo

I was wondering how effective these shells are when using in a 44 mag with a 16 in barrel(carbine). I've heard that they're rather useless in a revolver, but was curious if anyone has had success when using them with a rifle.

Thanks, Maxim

I've never used these, so I can't comment on them based on experience. But I can say, according to the box each shell contains approx. 170 pellets going at 1000fps. 1 ounce of #9 shot is 585 pellets and even a 20ga #9 shell is usually at least 7/8oz load moving at around 1300fps, and 12ga #9 at least 1oz or more. So one way to look at it is you are getting maybe 1/3rd the ammount of BB's as of a 20ga shotgun shell with a fair bit less velocity and worse spread, even out of a 16 inch barrel.

Comment

Buy some and shoot it for pattern, then you will have a better idea. I would think the rifling will give you a donut shaped pattern before very far off the muzzle. I have used it for rats and snakes in our barns in Arizona but don’t think it as very useful past 10 foot or so. 38/357 is what we used down there.

Andy
      Andy
      On the web= C-lazy-F.co
      Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
      Call/Text 602-315-2406
      Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Ad has it right !

It is about useless outside of 10 ft ! rifled barrels spin the shot capsule and the pattern opens very fast ! Plus you will have less shot than a .410 shotgun !Now if you want your 12 gage to open up in a short distance ,like inside your house , try a rifled barrel ! It really turns your shotgun into a scattergun ! but you better have some slugs for anything past 30 ft . ! Kevin
        Little bullets might expand ! But big bullets never shrink !
        When you swim with big fish try not to act like bait !

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I was think about using the shells for when I'm out hiking along a trail, carrying my normal bear load, and using the shells for any lucky spruce chickens I might find.
          10 ft doesn't seem to be to bad, I can usually get within that range for a spruce hen:cool:.
          Thanks again, Maxim

Comment

Just take some normal loads and pop them in the head with your bear gun.

Andy
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X