Marlin 45-70 Trapper 1 of 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin 45-70 Trapper 1 of 500

Has anyone seen this gun yet? It's smaller than the Alaska guide model has a 16.25 inch barrel, stainless and a black laminate stock. Is it worth the 775$ price tag?

I've had mine for a couple weeks, its pretty cool. The sights are nice and easy to see, it shoots good and is a handy length. Its only $100 more than a stainless guide gun, and you get laminate instead of walnut. If you're looking for short and powerfull, I'd say its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenmm View Post
      I've had mine for a couple weeks, its pretty cool. The sights are nice and easy to see, it shoots good and is a handy length. Its only $100 more than a stainless guide gun, and you get laminate instead of walnut. If you're looking for short and powerfull, I'd say its worth it.
      The ultimate all weather alder gun!
      Since I already have a guide gun I doubt I'll pick one up, but they sure look fun. Hmmm... Maybe my wife needs one
      Do you have any pics to share Tenmm?
      Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
      "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Here you go!

Comment

Gun pic 45-70

Hey, thanks for the pic I've seen pics but hav'nt held it! what grain bullet have you shot out of it yet? Have you ever shot the longer barrel version of this gun? Can you hit a milk jug at 50ft running? LOL.

Comment

All I've fired so far is Hornadys 325gr Leverevolution, its the cheapest stuff I can find. I have components on the way for 405 gr loads. I havent fired a longer barrel version, though a buddy of mine just got a XLR with 24" barrel. I'm looking forward to shooting it. I fired mine at 50yd a couple days ago, 3 of 4 shots were almost touching, the 4th wasnt even in the same vicinity, I blame the shooter. The chronograph showed an average 1833fps.
            If I see any running milk jugs, I will definately shoot at them.

Comment

AM I SEEING THINGS??????? My eyes must be busted.......

Is that a left handed lever action?
              sigpic

Comment

Seeing things

Or did the picture get reversed?

Comment

That picture is indeed backwards. Sorry to get your hopes up. I used the camera on my computer, the bassakwardsness didnt even occur to me.

Comment

who is carrying them?

I think alaskalanche bought one from boondocks. I thought his had a 14"bbl, must be this same gun. So where did you buy it? A buddy who is has dual citizinship in Switzerland and Canada is looking for a gun for his helo. Would this be legal in canada, or he like the co-pilot from WWG but also doesn't know if legal in canada, anyone know?

Comment

I got it from my favorite little local gunshop, which is me. You'd have to find them on the shelf somewhere now, seems like I heard Boondocks and Chimos had one. No telling if they do anymore though.

Comment

seems like 18.5" was the minimum for Canada.

If a person really liked that shorty and had a Guide Gun already they could probably get the barrel cut and crowned (mine needs it anyhow, really rough machining) and maybe Marlin has some extras of that fancy stock.

Comment

I'd sure be interested in one of those stocks. I've had to replace my walnut twice due to it cracking at the wrist. Anybody try buying one from marlin yet? Bout time they made one for the straight grip.

KK

Comment

Boondocks does have one on the shelf. I would have bought it if I didn't already have a GG.
                            sigpic

Comment

Its totally legal in Canada. The 16.5" Winchester Trappers i own says so as do my 12.5" barrelled Remmy 870 shottie.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X