Gunsmith for a Re-barrel in Anchorage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunsmith for a Re-barrel in Anchorage

Anybody have a GOOD gunsmith in town or nearby. Ide like to get a new tube put on a hunting rifle in a new caliber. Also maybe some iron sights, glass bed etc...Any recommendations? Not wanting a show peice, just a rock solid job at reasonable rates. Thanks.

Josh

Alaska Custom Firearms the sponsers, Steve and Aaron are top notch

Comment

I've got two that were build by Stan Jackson (349-3854). They're both really good shooters, and his turn around time is usually pretty good.

Comment

Andy Hawk...

Nuf said
        “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Alangaq View Post
          Andy Hawk...

Nuf said

Got a number?

Comment

Sorry... 562-0881 is Andy Hawks number, he is over off of Old Seward and ? Dowling maybe? Cant remember the cross street, but he will obviously give you directions.

He has only re-barreled two rifles for me, but has done several general reapairs, muzzle breaks, recoil pads, trigger jobs and drilled and taped a bunch of mounts and sights.

I hear lots of good stuff about Stan Jackson, and I am sure they are all true, but I have never met the man. A guy I worked with hooked me up with Andy when I first moved up to Anchorage and he has done such a good job for me and the wife over all these years that I have never needed to look for anyone else...
            “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Comment

Thanks...

I appreciate the replies. I just dropped the rifle off over at Stan Jacksons place AND the reamers have been ordered. Im gonna try out the new 338 RCM. Ive not been a huge fan of the short actions in the past but I came accross one in a horse trade. I'll put a 20" barrel on and see how she rides. With case capacity it should be a 338-06 short action so to speak. Anyway will be some fun. Thanks again.

Josh

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X