Where do you really stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you really stand?

I know most of us can talk the talk, but when that moment of truth might come...you know, the one you thought would never happen...when you have a home invasion, robbery, assault, or some other violent crime. What do you think you'd do when confronted with reality? Would you John Waynem, Clint Eastwoodem and shootem up? Or try to appeal and rationalize with the thugs? Maybe cower or run and hide? How about offering a family member or friend in exchange for your safety? If you go down, would you go down fighting or pleading? How about freezing up and going into shock? Does having an arsenal make you feel more secure and are you mentally and physically prepared to use it. Are you willing to be tried by 12 instead of carried by 6? Is preparedness, or better yet, over-preparedness, considered paranoia. or just plain smart? Questions, hopefully, we'll have a positive answer too, especially with harder times looming before us. Stay safe.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Clint Eastwood died in his last movie. So no, I wouldn't go that way. Beg or give up another person, heck no. Not even a remote possibility. Be able to pull the trigger. Yes. And I say that without a moment's hesitation, even though I hope that I will never, ever have to go there.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Been there, done that

but I didn't know for sure what I'd do. Now I know. I now know that if something needs to be done to protect myself, friends or family, I'm capable. I just hope it isn't going to be necessary again.

Comment

I hope we never find out or put the thought to the test. I know how I feel but want to feel optimistic about things.

Comment

There is nothing more valuable than my family. If I felt they were threatened in the least, there isn't anything I wouldn't do.

Comment

Wellll been there and done that and regretfully more than once.It was in the lower 49 and the same type gun and shells were used.American Derringer in .410/45colt useing .410 skeet loads 7 1/2 shoot then moved to the better more modern Bond Arms useing the same shells.One shot has taken care of the problem luckly as the next round is 255 gr. 45 colt.In the face neck area both were instand give up and no lawsuits no questions asked.One man thanked me later for not killing him as he knew I had plenty of guns to do just that.One was opening the pawn shop first thing in the morning and he was waiting inside and the other looking for a man trying to jump bond and late at night in the geto where he lived.In Alaska I've never worried about it but I don't live in big towns.
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Both times...

The SOB was dead before the gun came up. At least in my mind.
              Both walked away in handcuffs, and then the shaking, questioning, vomiting began.

Comment

Originally posted by JOAT View Post
                Clint Eastwood died in his last movie. So no, I wouldn't go that way. Beg or give up another person, heck no. Not even a remote possibility. Be able to pull the trigger. Yes. And I say that without a moment's hesitation, even though I hope that I will never, ever have to go there.

Did you just ruin a movie for me?!:mad:
                Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

Is there anything in this life that you would kill or die for?
                  Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

yeh!

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                    Is this a loaded question? There are a lot of things that'd I'd kill for and a few less that'd I die for...the only question is that moment in time where it all has to be sorted out.
                    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Comment

Ayoob and Citizen Self Defense -

I was working in Fairbanks last week - found a magazine (Guns & Ammo Book of Personal Defense) in the rack, new to me at the grocery store -

Massad Ayoob wrote one article, "Court Issues and Armed Citizen Self-Defense". He basically presents food for thought based on actual court cases elsewhere and warns of potential pitfalls. Only one case, California v. Herman Kreutzer, involves defense on a homeowner's property. Most cases involved manipulating evidence or leaving the scene. Otherwise the best advice: be wary of modifying your weapon or ammo for home defense.

The article closes with "the more arguable issues you can keep out of a case, the less of an ordeal you'll have to suffer in the wake of a justifiable act of deadly force that is undertaken to protect an innocent human life..."
                      No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                        Family, yes, without question.....

Comment

Deffense

My question is not what I would do given the chance but what the jury might do afterwards. It's sometimes harder to justify your case to a jury than it is to a criminal; "Gee judge I didn't know he was only armed with a screw driver, it was dark in the house".
                          Looking someone in the eyes and shooting him isn't nearly as hard as haveing to justfy that act to yourself every day after that action.

Comment

Joe Horn in Texas got off and I knew he would end up doing life,luck is a very good thing.The worst thing you can do after a shooting is lie.They can now tell you the DNA of everyone who has ever entered a hundred year old house so they can darn sure tell where a person was when you shot them.Folks that have the most trouble after a shooting are war vets as there death emotions are abit dull to say the least.
                            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by Maydog View Post
                              Is this a loaded question? There are a lot of things that'd I'd kill for and a few less that'd I die for...the only question is that moment in time where it all has to be sorted out.

Sure it is but the answer is supposed to be YES.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X