No announcement yet.

If you only had two....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, its not an "assault rifle" unless you're assaulting something with it. I guess you could say I've assaulted some paper and a few ground-rodents? If you're using your Savage or T/C to make someone not need their gun, then they're more like assault rifles than mine!

Seriously though, the AR-10 works just as well as a hunting tool, MOA accurate, breaks-down easily, and I can change calibers too! .243 and .338 federal uppers are on the wish-list.

I must confess though, I have a Contender or two.... and I really like the way my buddies Pro-hunter Encore carries and shoots, another wish-list item.

Thanks for the entertainment guys, I hope none of us ever have to pick two ever again!

-JAY

Comment

tough choice (as previously noted) praticality requires my 12ga win auto and .22 ruger auto but......i am a rifleman.

my favorite "go to" rifle is a remington 700 in .35 whelen. on top of being a good shooter it is a LUCKY GUN.

second choice is my kimber .308. nice little rifle, and accurate enough to be interesting.

jh
      happy trails.
      jh

Comment

For a handgun, I can't decide between a S&W 27-2 5" .357 Mag. (because it's just awesome) and a Glock 20 10mm (because it just works). No doubt on the rifle, a semi-auto AK variant. It's probably be a plain SAR 1, but if they made the VZ 58 to take AK mags then it would be that. I'd sure hate to have to choose. It's a lot more fun to have one for every day of the week.

Comment

well shoot....

I guese it would be the old pre-64 Mod.70 Winchester Featherweight 30-06 and the Springfield 1911 in caliber .45. Those 2 could take care of a bunch of shooting situations. I don't want to have only 2 guns, never, ever, no way, naw, horrible idea. Makes me sad to think about it.

Comment

Hhmm....

Win Mod 70 stainless/synth 26" bbl - 300wm
            Ruger Single Six 6" bbl - 22lr/22mag cyl's

s

Comment

Only Two?????

Stevens mod. 24/410 and 30-06.

Comment

Two

An old Savage model 24 in 22wm over 20gauge w/ redfield scope

and ruger srh 454 alaskan

that should cover all bases

Comment

Never

I don't believe anyone will ever see the inside of my gun safe containing only 2 firearms.
                  But if it did they would be my:
                  Rem 1100 12ga Skeet B and a S&W model 27-357 mag.
                  NOTHING on earth walks or talks or flys that would not succumb to the power of such a pair of firearms (using the proper ammo).

Comment

Mark V Custom 30-06 and Mark V Custom 300Wby
                    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
                    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
                    THE HEART OF A CHILD
                    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Comment

my Marlin MXLR .45-70 and a gary reeder custom "ultimate backup" .500 linebaugh

Comment

It would be shameful to only have 2 weapons!!!

My picks would be Browning Stainless Stalker in .338 Mag and a S&W 686 in .357 Mag......

Self-defense and basic survival necessities at their best!

Add to them all-around, get it done types of ammo and the family and I can live off the land indefinitely....

The next question would be how to deal with my obsessive depression from only having two guns left......My two gun safes and all their goodies would be gone....Ohhhh - what would I do....

With the new guy in the WH - purchasing PVC tubes to hide a favorite gun is the mark of a gentleman and a scholar....

Comment

Sorry guys but I can't do it. I could live with no less than 3 rifles 2 handguns and 1 scattergun.

A Ruger 10/22, a bolt 22-250 and a bolt 30-06. Handguns, a single six convertable and a new model Blackhawk in 41 mag. The scatter gun would have to be a 12 gauge in a pump.

2 guns??? A very scary thought!

Comment

YEP

Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
                            Sorry guys but I can't do it. I could live with no less than 3 rifles 2 handguns and 1 scattergun.

A Ruger 10/22, a bolt 22-250 and a bolt 30-06. Handguns, a single six convertable and a new model Blackhawk in 41 mag. The scatter gun would have to be a 12 gauge in a pump.

ME TOO ! I'm not as good a wing shot with a rifle as Jack O'Connor was, so I'ld need a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post

OKKKKKK, let's make it "3" rifles, 3 handguns, and 3 Shootguns, OR however many of each you think you can afford.

Every citizen of at least 21 years of age, will receive a Federal Tax Credit of $200 each year provided he, or she, can verify the purchase of firearm ammunition, handloading components, or handloading tools during that taxable year.

Formal Training in the use of firearms, and Membership in, or use of, a gun range, or other shooting facility will also qualify for the credit.

The purpose of this Tax Credit is to promote shooting, training, and therefore, proficiency in the use of firearms, for public safety, and to insure a free populous.

State of Local Governments that have laws that obviate, or otherwise impede these purposes will be required to pay these credits out of their own budgets without reimbursement from the Federal Government, until such time they remove these laws from their books.

Smitty of the North
                              Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                              Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                              You can't out-give God.

Comment

Springfield M1A

Ruger Red Hawk .44 mag
                                "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X