What are you willing to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you willing to do?

Every day it becomes more evident that if something isn't done, we will ose our Second Amendment rights and then the rest of the Constitution lies vulnerable to attack. Obama and his henchmen and women are without a doubt intent on taking away firearms ownership from private citizens. These people somehow think that by amrketing themselves to the unthinking American public to be put in public office, that they soemhow have the right to alter the basic fabric of a free American society to suit their odeologies. They are wrong. Surely there is still a real America here, enough so, that this steamroller that is coming down "main Street" can be stopped before it reaches our Bill of Rights. Our basic freedoms are in dire jeopardy right now. Tomorrow will be the first active day of his Presidency. He and his cronies will try to distract us from the important proctections of our freedoms, like the Second Amendment, by keeping us so concerned over financial issues that we will not see what is happening.
    The people of Great Britain and Australia, the former gun owners will readily admit that the biggest mistake was in not fighting the confiscations without everything they could muster. Things were allowed because the governement was seen as all powerful and knowing. CRAP! We are the government, and they are supposed to do our bidding.
    So, the reason for the title of this thread. What are you willing to do? Are we just to write a few letters, E-mails to our representatives and when the s--t hits the fan, to say, well, we did our best? It's going to take a lot more this time.
    As far as I am concerned, Eric holder, the U.S. Attorney General to be, once one of Janet Reno's henchmen, is nothing but a fascist in liberal clothing. He WILL do everything in his power to bring the new enlarged Assault Weapons Ban into existence, permanently, along with other laws that will, within a year or two at the most, destroy our ability to own, sell, load and fire in self-defense, any firearms whatsoever.
    What ever has to be done, must be done. letters, phone calls, petitions, up front warnings that we will not relinquish our God-given and Constitutional rights to protection and ownership. I said: "What will you do?" because i already know what I will do, my brothers. Everything including refusal to turn in my weapons if that day ever comes. My wife knows I mean it and I hope it never comes to that, but it may well do so.
    I love this country and the real Americans living here, of any race or creed. We have to go beyond what our desire for comfort allows. If this all sounds dramatic, dammit, it is!
    If anyone out there has formed legal petitions to send to our reps, please PM me. I'm willing to stand somewhere and get signatures.
    If you are worried about being put on a list, then good luck to you. You're not part of the solution and don't seserve to have your arms, not if you're noit willing to stand up. God Bless you all.

Call, email, and write

What we need to constantly do is to is the following:

1) Join the NRA or the GOA or both and keep up with the pending legislation.

2) Write your congressmen about every piece of legislation that concerns you. If you call or email, about 1 in 100 people do that. However only about 1 in 1,000 or 10,000 (I forgot which) actually write. Keep your congressmen and senators address in your computer and write them a letter and hand sign it. The 1 in 100 and 1 in 1,000 figures represents voters. The more people who write in, the more they will listen.

3) Get people to write, friends, relatives, hunting or shooting club members. You can type the letters and print them off. Put the addresses of your friends, etc. in your computer. When something comes up, print off letters with each individuals name and address. Get them to sign and then mail the letters for them.

Sure this will cost you some time and money for stamps and letters, but if they are constantly flooded by sportsmen, it will get their attention.

This is what ACORN did with their community organizing. We have to do the same, or we will loose ground. We must community organize, and do the same.

With enough voices heard, enough of these politicians will eventually listen.

4) Get all your friends, relatives, etc. registered to vote, and offer to take them if need be. We can take back our country, but it is going to take work. Try to educate those who oppose you.

Comment

As a student of history, I think that what will eventually need to be done should not be written here.
      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

When you think its time to bury your guns, it is really the time to dig them up and use them.

As a citizen of this country, I will do what is nessarry to defend this land and its Constitution from Enemys Foreign and Domestic.

It satrts in court and ends in the streets.....luckily enough, the battle for our Rights is all in the courts still, and let us pray that is as far as it will get

The 2nd amendment is the "Teeth" of our Constsitution.

Any law that is against the Constitution is illegal and void.
        If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

Every time the NRA calls me about some important bill or other issue, and are asking for money, I tell them that I don't have time to listen to the specifics and then promptly give them my credit card # and donate $50.

I give more money to the NRA than to my own professional organizations.

Comment

What Price Liberty ?

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post
            As a student of history, I think that what will eventually need to be done should not be written here.
            TRUE !! :rolleyes:

Comment

Support the NRA........ "United we stand, divided we fall." If not correct....close.

No doubt about it, our 2nd amendment rights will be tested!

Comment

Mauserboy, good post! I can tell you, right now a lot of men and women are doing a great deal and putting in a big effort to defend and promote the Second Amendment. I think the woman's voice can have a powerful impact right now. I've posted before that my wife has become the Second Amendment Sisters Alaska State Coordinator, so I know the effort she has been putting in and all the ladies across the country is wow impressive in support of 2A. They deserve our support guys, please consider supporting their efforts...

http://www.2asisters.net/ak/index.html

thanks, Mike

Comment

Yup

This problem covers all of us, no gender barriers here or age either.
                  I have the feeling that no matter how much we protest through the written word and verbally, these *******s will do whatever they want. The Clinton Gun Ban should never have been put through. I think Pro 2nd Amendment supporters were not active enough at the time. NRA did their best, but...
                  Responding to something a responder to this thread stated, this is not a problem just for "sportsmen." This is a problem for us all, including those who don't even support gun rights, this is purely a matter of people who duped so many in order to gain control and put their agendas, their ideology in place. Some fool on the tube said he thought that Obama was more a philosopher then an ideologist. Good Lord, what idiocy. Our very freedom(s) are at stake, the USA is in jeopardy of dissolving before our very eyes.

Comment

I think you are probably right. It is something that most of us would prefer not to talk about, but I think it is not a matter of "if," but "when." I hope it won't be in my life time, but I'm sure that the day will come.
                    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
                    James Madison

Comment

It is something that most of us would prefer not to talk about
                      Brother, you misunderstood me. I talk about it every day and darn near every hour. But I do so face to face, so I know with whom I am really speaking.

There is much more than the 2nd amendment in jepordy here and using a public internet forum is a less than secure way to express our opinions. Particularly when those opinions may bring the wrath of those who would see our country and culture destroyed.
                      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
                      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Warning

Brother, you misunderstood me. I talk about it every day and darn near every hour. But I do so face to face, so I know with whom I am really speaking.

There is much more than the 2nd amendment in jepordy here and using a public internet forum is a less than secure way to express our opinions. Particularly when those opinions may bring the wrath of those who would see our country and culture destroyed.
                        I'll ride my 4 wheeler through town yelling " the commies are coming". I hope and pray for the best and prepare for the worst. I trust my fellow countrymen to do the same !!:eek:

Comment

BO a philosopher?

I think ones IQ has to be 156 to be dubbed a philosopher. BO's IQ is 125.....my dogs IQ is 124 and he sh1ts on the floor!

Comment

Originally posted by mauserboy View Post
                            This problem covers all of us, no gender barriers here or age either.
                            Yes, indeed, this problem covers us all. What I was saying was that at this time in history, for various reasons, the woman's voice can have a powerful impact in support of our right to keep and bear arms. For one reason it is far less voiced. Fewer women stand up for 2A than men. Another reason is that if a 250lb man asserts his right to carry a firearm, which is certainly his American right, he'll probably get less nods of approval by those outside the gun culture than if a 98lb young woman in a state the has the highest rape statistics in the country says I want a handgun for protection. Another reason is that women vote. Less women are into guns than men. The "market" so to speak of untapped Second Amendment support is with the female gender. The cause of freedom in this country needs all the support it can get at this time. As an NRA Life Member I can talk guns all day long and who will listen nowadays? If a woman talks guns and the right to self defense people will listen. Guys, support and encourage our gals who are willing to speak out in support of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. There are some types of "change" we do not want to see happen. An America without the right to keep and bear arms is one of them.

Thanks again, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by brav01 View Post
                              I'll ride my 4 wheeler through town yelling " the commies are coming". I hope and pray for the best and prepare for the worst. I trust my fellow countrymen to do the same !!:eek:
                              The commies are not comming; they are here now and in power.....Big

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X