Riflestock advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riflestock advice

I recently got my barreled action back from Clearwater Reboring after having it bored and chambered to 9.3x62mm. When I got this rifle 20+yrs ago the barreled action was completely glassbedded to the stock. I removed all the bedding in the forearm back to 1" in front of the recoil lug recess. The action is still bedded. Before I button this thing up should I have crossbolts installed in the stock? Not the best stock in the world but it is paid for!http://photobucket

Really APPRECIATE any advice.

If its bedded correctly and fits correctly, shouldnt be any need for crossbolts.

Comment

I wouldn't apologize for that stock.

It looks great, and the comb and cheekpiece are functional features.

Smitty of the North
      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
      You can't out-give God.

Comment

Be Sure to relieve the screwholes so that the screws dont put pressure on to stock under recoil. Just drill them slightly oversize and you should be fine. I once stocked a M70 in 458 Win in English walnut with no crossbolts and it has held up fine. Nice rifle, cool cal.

Comment

THANKS for the advice guys!

Comment

If the action is bedded, I wouldn'y worry.

Comment

Please give us range results. I am interested in a reboring job, but am afraid of not getting a good job. Hence, looking for a good gunsmith for the job.

Comment

Eastwoods,
                It may be a while before I can shoot this rifle as I'm recovering from neck/disc surgery I had a month ago. There really aren't but a few shops that rebore and these two,from what my inquires show,are the TOP two:

www.deltagunshop.com Jim Dubell (509)684-5855 tues-fri 10-1

www.cutrifle.com Dan Pederson (928)772-4060

Check out the web sites but if you decide to contact them make sure you call. It'll get you a quicker response.
                I'll also say that I inquired ALOT on forums about rebore experiences before deciding to get a rebore and will tell you I got no negative responses. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X