Place to lease a shot gun in Anchorage or Kenai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to lease a shot gun in Anchorage or Kenai

Instead of dealing with the hassle of bringing a shotgun up to AK I was curious if there was any place in Cooper Landing, Sterling or Soldotna to rent a shot gun for the week. Any help is appreciated.

what do you need a shotgun so badly for a week?

Comment

SHot gun

I'll be fishing the Kenai, Russian, Kasilof, Anchor. The gun is mostly for comfort !

Comment

"leasing" a shotgun

I dson't know of any place where you could "lease" a shotgun or rifle for that matter. A matter of legalities, or rather, liability. You can buy a new Benelli Nova shotgun in Anchorage for just under $300.00 even as a non-resident and if someone did "lease" guns for a week, it probably would cost you that much. If you will be fishing amongst other people in close proximity, I don't recommend it, but that's just my 2 cents.

Comment

you can pick up a cheap pump gun for around $200 bucks that would do everything you need it to. A good head on your shouldersand being aware of your surroundings is much more bear protection than any shotgun could ever be.

Comment

Sports Authority has Maverick 3in mag pumps on sale for $149.

Comment

Is the ability of a non-resident to legally buy a gun in Alaska limited to only long guns - how about handguns ? Just curious - - Thanks - -

Comment

Federal law only allows residents of a state to buy handguns there, no out of state residents.
                “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Comment

All the rivers you just named are heavily fished during peak seasons and sometimes it is shoulder to shoulder. Trying to carry a scattergun while combat fishing would be a real pain in the butt. A big can of bear spray would be much easier to shove in a big pocket.
                  The fishable part of the Anchor River is very populated these days. You would have a better chance of having your scattergun stolen by the local teenagers than or ever seeing a bear around here.

Give me a call if you get in the area... dragonfly@alaska.net
                  Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
                  Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X