2 New Rifles for 375 Ruger in 2007 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kabluewy View Post
    Ruger is too savy to make such a mistake as a 375WSM. It appears that Ruger has dropped the entire line of short magnums. I can't find on their web site where they show any short magnums available for any of their rifles. If this is the case, I think it is a smart move on their part, and about time, and good riddance.

KB
    The WSM rounds make alot of sense in the small bores, as you can get great performance in a light package. Rick Jamison sued Winchester on a patent infringment and won a settlement, and that has had an effect on who is chambering WSM's, and who is paying royalties.

I've shot enough medium and big bores to know a short mag makes no sense in a big round, because there is no benefit in a light rifle chambered for a powerful medium bore. And if you'e going to have a rifle of reasonable weight for a medium bore, you might as well have it in a full size action.

To me the 375 Ruger doesn't really do anything the 375 H&H does, but, with the demise of the Win M-70, the only alternative in a stainless CRF action is the Ruger M-77 mk II, which ruger doesn't offer in a full length mag. So in that sense, an allweather ruger in the 375 Ruger makes alot of sense!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

I'm confused about the Ruger #1 in 9.3x74. Have they hit the market yet. Has anyone actually seen one. Is it being made in the Tropical Rifle or another model.

Comment

"To me the 375 Ruger doesn't really do anything the 375 H&H does, but, with the demise of the Win M-70, the only alternative in a stainless CRF action is the Ruger M-77 mk II, which ruger doesn't offer in a full length mag. So in that sense, an allweather ruger in the 375 Ruger makes alot of sense!"

Montana Rifle Company offers a stainless CRF in any size and in right and left handed actions. However they do cost more. Expect to pay about $900 for a ss barreled action and then another 450 for a good Syn stock.

Comment

9.3X74 No. 1 S

Originally posted by lrs View Post
          I'm confused about the Ruger #1 in 9.3x74. Have they hit the market yet. Has anyone actually seen one. Is it being made in the Tropical Rifle or another model.
          This rifle was originally advertised as coming in the No. 1 H, Tropical rifle. That is too heavy and with some prodding they are now coming out with it in the standard weight No. 1 S rifle. This should be much better to haul around. This is also much more appropriate for the 9.3x74 as it's ballistics are 286 grain at 2350, about what the 9.3x63 does in a bolt rifle. Mild on the shooter yet still very effective in the field.

They are not out yet, delayed by the change but are promised for the 2007 year. They are catalogued but as the 'H' model, that is to change to 'S' before production starts. (Subject to change without notice.)
          Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

I have long been a fan of both the 9.3x62 and 9.3x74. I have a small collection of 9.3x62's, and once owned a 9.3x74. I have always hoped an American mfg would put out a factory rifle in one or both of these rounds. As soon as this rifle hits the market, I will be on it. I hope they do make some in the tropical rifle. I know the extra weight would be difficult for carrying long distances, but here in Texas, at least where I hunt, we don't have to hike great distances. That would be a fine classic round in a great rifle.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X