All Copper Push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    And I'd rather other people not tell me what I can and cannot use those bullets for as long as it's ethically and morally right.
    According to data from the state of Alaska I don't believe that lead bullets fragments in game meat is cause for concern to the majority of Alaskan hunters.
    For those alaskans who are in constant fear of anything that may harm them ,including accidentally ingesting a minute particle of lead, they can choose of their own accord to use whatever bullets make them feel safe.
    Or if they're that worried about it maybe they should just buy their meat at the grocery store!
    Ethics and morals are utterly subjective. And some individuals will always believe things without any basis in fact or reality. This is why we are a nation of laws. We necessarily make rules for people to abide by, notwithstanding their personal morals, ethics, and/or beliefs. There will always be end-of-the-road types who chafe at being made to follow rules; those who believe their personal views should carry more weight than that of the societal majority; those who believe they should have latitude to act independently of/contrary to society's rules... Thus the reason we have rules in the first place, and a system of justice to enforce same.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Sure we have laws out there that need to be followed.
      But the enactment of those laws should be based on sound science.
      The data collected by the state of Alaska does not show eating game meat as a significant source of lead contamination in those who have shown to have high levels of lead in their blood.
      I've twice now provided a link to the State department of health website that shows this.
      Yet there are those who believe that because lead can be a hazardous substance we should ban it in our hunting bullets anyway.
      That we should take away a person's right to choose what bullets they use for hunting!
      It's not that some of us want to argue or debate.
      It's that we want to be free from government intrusion in the majority of our lives decisions.
      Since the data provided by the state of Alaska does not show that lead is a serious source of lead contamination, at least for those who have already shown to have high levels of lead in their blood, for alaskans who eat game meat, why then should I be forced to quit using lead ammunition in my hunting?
      As I said those who are scared of everything in life can choose not to use lead bullets or not to hunt at all and instead buy their meat at the grocery store.
      America is not a democracy where the majority rules.
      We are a constitutional republic.
      There is a big difference!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

If it did happen, how "enforceable" would the law be? F&G has much bigger issues and ways to spend resources than pulling bullets out of hunters firearms and taking them apart.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

It's that we want to be free from government intrusion in the majority of our lives decisions.
          This! And with government getting larger and larger and proving more and more how inept they are, it leaves only we the people to question their authority. The people should never shy away from questioning authority. Oops, I guess we're not supposed to go there.
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I'm casting SILVER bullets.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Is Gold heavier than Lead. (yeah i know, I could google it)

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                The specific gravity of gold is 19.35.
                The specific gravity of lead is 11.32.
                The specific gravity of silver is 10.49.
                So obviously gold is significantly heavier than lead.
                People have cast and shot bullets made of silver and bullets made of gold.
                You can find videos of people shooting them on YouTube.

Comment

Yes. For practice gold panning, lead shot hammered flat works. But often in hard rock gold mining, lead, galena, silver and other precious metals are quite often present. Several lead mines are also present in AK.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                  Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                  Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

GET THE LEAD OUT. How many time have you slugs heard that yelled at you on the job site? Myself, never.

Comment

I have always been a lead free guy when it came to work. Although I did pump Ethyl at the gas station in my youth. Yes, those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                        If it did happen, how "enforceable" would the law be? F&G has much bigger issues and ways to spend resources than pulling bullets out of hunters firearms and taking them apart.
                        From LEO enforcement it would be hard to enforce, however what if the government decided to make all lead ammunition (regardless of use) unobtainable commercially like has been proposed in California. It might not affect guys who roll their own, but my favorite rounds are Aquila .22 LR and Buffalo Boar Hard Cast in .44 mag and 45-70. I am in no way making any political statements- just saying it could open a slippery slope to more general control of ammo.

Comment

I have always been a lead free guy when it came to work. Although I did pump Ethyl at the gas station in my youth. Yes, those were the days.
                          Do you know what your blood lead levels (BLL) are?
                          I'm curious as I would like to compare them to my own own as I'm a guy who's uses lead, been exposed to it at work (using the proper ppe etc.)and I do quite a bit of lead casting as well.
                          Really curious what the BLL are for the anti- lead crowd in general not necessarily you in particular.
                          For the record my BLL is 3.5cg/dl.
                          For reference back in the 1970's the average Americans BLL was 17 mcg/dl.
                          Primarily due to Tetraethyl Leaded gasoline.
                          These days anything over 5 mcg/dl is considered to be elevated.

Comment

Do you know what your blood lead levels (BLL) are?
                            I'm curious as I would like to compare them to my own own as I'm a guy who's uses lead, been exposed to it at work (using the proper ppe etc.)and I do quite a bit of lead casting as well.
                            Really curious what the BLL are for the anti- lead crowd in general not necessarily you in particular.
                            For the record my BLL is 3.5cg/dl.
                            For reference back in the 1970's the average Americans BLL was 17 mcg/dl.
                            Primarily due to Tetraethyl Leaded gasoline.
                            These days anything over 5 mcg/dl is considered to be elevated.

Well back in the old days we were breathing air contaminated with gasoline that had LEAD in it. Had lead in paint on everything.

Comment

I'm casting SILVER bullets.
                              Gotta have em'....waaaay too many werewolves out there these days!
                              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Well back in the old days we were breathing air contaminated with gasoline that had LEAD in it. Had lead in paint on everything.
                                Yet somehow we all survived!
                                And, most of us, without significant effects from the lead!
                                My parents first house was built in 1912 and my parents bought it in the early seventies.
                                I'm sure we had a bunch of lead paint on the house/barn/shed/garage when I was growing up and living there.
                                And we used to shoot all the time with lead bullets.
                                Oftentimes a brick of .22 a week.
                                Ate a lot of game meat shot with lead bullets and lead shot.
                                I just don't know how we survived as a civilization!
                                And all of a sudden it's 2021 and lead bullets used for hunting are a major concern.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X