whats the deal with 223 Wyldle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the deal with 223 Wyldle?

I have a 6.8 with an A2 style lower and was thinking about a 5.56 upper as an extra upper.
    of course everything is out of stock. So I may have to build. What is the deal with 223 Wilde chambered ARs? I am just looking for something simple and light.
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Basically the 5.56 and 223 are identical except the case of the 5.56 is a hair longer. If you have a tight 223 chamber the 5.56 will not fit and it was designed that way, as 5.56 is supposed to make more pressure. <br/><br/>223 Wilde has a longer chamber and can fire both without issues or bolt not closing. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 1 week ago. Reason: Corrected 55 to 56

Comment

The 223 Wylie will let you shoot both 5.56 and 223 safely without loosing the accuracy that you can sometimes lose with 5.56 as compared to .223. I have a .223 Wilde barrel and 5.56, the Wilde barrel I shoot 85% of the time compared to the 5.56 one.

Comment

I believe the chamber dimensions are the same in all three. The difference comes in the leade angle, freebore length and diameter. Hereís a decent run down:<br/><br/>https://thenewstalkers.com/uncle-bruce/group_discuss/4356/223-vs-556<br/><br/>As a side note, I have shot lots of 5.56 in .223 bolt guns. I guess Iím just lucky according to the Internet, or my .223ís were all so shot out that the throat erosion removed any pressure issues. The Wylde splits the difference in the throat making both rounds fall within the pressure tolerances set forth by SAAMI.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ's Ruger .223 vs .556 Ammo.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	2763989 Well,,, for what it's worth, I to have been shooting .556 in my Ruger .223, no sticky extractions or case issues with .556, there was a blog-post/thread awhile back on a Ruger Forum that I was reading,,,, and the long and short of that conversation was, that Ruger actually is VERY generous with their Chambering Bore on many .223 Rifles, ie... knowing full well, that the .556 is going to get Chambered, whether they like it or not,,,,, as per this blog/post guys comments, his information was coming from the inside..... so, there you go, make of it what you will......
          TG

Click image for larger version  Name:	LJ's Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator .223 Rifle_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	2763876
          Last edited by The German; 5 days ago. Reason: Added Info:
          [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Comment

couple of years ago I was at the range and a couple of old gentlemen were having problems opening the bolt on their rifle that was chambered in 223. They were firing Winchester 5.56 in it and had a round that had the primer blown out.
            I explained to them that it wasn't safe to do this for reasons already discussed. The range master wasn't very happy with them at all. Here is a good article that goes into a little more detail. Be safe.

https://www.hornadyle.com/resources/...rem-ammunition

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X