Cat Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Shoot

Hey boys it's me EKC. I've been guarding the fort in western Ioway for the last month.
    I had an experience today that will make most of you smile. As the story goes we have a barn in which we raise pheasants for the purpose of training dogs and releasing into the wild. This past week the pheasants have been very unsettled when I feed them in the morning. Then I noticed some feathers next to the big ditch where something had eaten one of the black melanustic pheasants. My investigation revealed claw marks scaling the wall on the pen on both sides of the plank wall. It was evident that a big ole tom cat was scaling that wall, slipping under the netting, catching one of the just feathered out birds and hauling him off to feed on...
    This is the good part...Smitty done sent me his 7mm Mag a while back and I have been itching to snuff a coyote with it. However this cat got in the way of that plan. This morning at day light he was 150 yards away from the front porch pulling feathers off one of those little black pheasants when I ran a 120 grain .284 Hornady up his backside. It was a cat explosion of biblical proportion. I have killed a whole lot of ditch tigers in my day but hain't never seen one get the air let out of him in such a manner. It was refreshing and I dont care who likes it!

You just made my day..........Thanks

Comment

Video would have been nice to see but some would complain.

Dan.

Comment

Good Shot.
        7mm Mag, good for all North American, Big Game, but Versatile, and Explosive enough for Kitty Cats, gone bad.
        SOTN
        Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
        Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
        You can't out-give God.

Comment

OK, I did LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

I used to shoot the Barnes 120gr X Bullets when they first came out and used it for everything including Black Bear and Caribou. They can get going pretty fast.

Comment

EKC:
              I know you are busy, but (IF you have the time) there is urgent need in Knoxville. Take that 7 mag and proceed forthwith, and bag that Tiger. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 .
              SOTN
              You can't out-give God.

Comment

I'm on it Smitty. Ha!

This living off the beaten path thing is a hoot. The only person that I have seen in the last week and a half was the guy that lives over the hill a ways. He was wondering what all of the shooting was about so came for a look see. Just practicing with my 44 for deer season. He was good with that.......like he had any say in the matter.

Comment

EKC:
                  I reckon he will hafta get used to it.

BOTL for Black Panthers. Keep the Cat gun handy.

SOTN
                  You can't out-give God.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X