Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snuffer358
    replied
    I'm new here my 358 norma is a thompson encore was a 35 whelen had my gun smith ream it out for the 358 norma I'm shooting barnes 200 ttxs at around 3100 26in barrel it shoots around 3/4 in or less at 100 and whallops whitetails

Leave a comment:

• Nukalpiaq
    replied
    Thanks brandy for posting a few pics of your Husqvarna rifle. Engraved crossbolt and jeweled bolt really makes the 1640 action look real nice. Just sent you an email with a few more questions.

Leave a comment:

• theONE73
    replied
    That is a most beautiful rifle there...love it and especially being a thumper of a caliber

Leave a comment:

• brandy
    replied
    Photos of Husky Supreme 358 Norma Magnum

As promised here are some pics. All original except for replaced pad (old one rotted away, same LOP), Leupold bases and 1" rings. Olson was right when he said the Husky was the ultimate evolution of the 98 Mauser. Don't see too many rifles with engraved crossbolts anymore!

Leave a comment:

• Nukalpiaq
    replied
    brandy, welcome to the forum and thanks for adding to the thread. I sure would like to see a few pics of your 358 Norma, also would like to ask a few questions about it since you may be retiring the rifle. Send me a PM, Thanks

Leave a comment:

• brandy
    replied
    358 Norma Magnum Husky

Not lucky enough to be where most of you are, but might make it before the dirt gets thrown on me. I was just surfing on the 358 NM and found this site.
    I own a Husky Supreme in the cartridge that my Opthamologist (a hunter) says must be retired due to old eyes and heavy recoil (along with the 375 H&H, 400 H&H, 9.3x62 and 10 bores). Hunting with my 250-3000s and 7x57 won't be all that bad but not the same as the "thumpers". 3000 fps with a 225 gr .357 tsx has gone through both shoulders of a mature Yellowstone bull Bison, so I guess it would work for about anything.
    Got some gunshows coming up but wonder if anyone will even know what it is.
    Also neat to read about the Schultz & Larsens as I once collected them, accurate, fine workmanship and ahead of their time. Even had a Weatherby in 378 on a type 54 S&L action which was the only action Roy could find to handle that monster. Yeah it hurt! There is a nice M 60 in 7mm remmag (not a rechamber) on GunsAmerica.
    Neat site, glad to see a place where classic cartridges are remembered and appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• theONE73
    replied
    Originally posted by Nukalpiaq View Post
    Thanks guys, the Danes and Swedes sure made some good rifles back in their day. I am very fortunate to have one of each in the 358 Norma Mag chambering, it literally took me years to find them in this caliber. Opportunities to buy would only surface once, sometimes twice a year. Many times I was late or just couldn't afford to buy, but finally I found one of each this past winter and worked out a good payment plan with the sellers. Thank God and the sellers for the 90 day layaway plan.
    Rifle buying and building sure can become addictive, might have to sell a few things so I can buy another rifle, soon.
    I don't know what you mean by addicting. I have only bought a .257 Weatherby, a .340 Weatherby and an Marlin 1895GBL over the past two years...LOL!!!

Did I mention the scopes, bullets, brass, dies, etc. etc. that go with them.

Leave a comment:

• Nukalpiaq
    replied
    Thanks guys, the Danes and Swedes sure made some good rifles back in their day. I am very fortunate to have one of each in the 358 Norma Mag chambering, it literally took me years to find them in this caliber. Opportunities to buy would only surface once, sometimes twice a year. Many times I was late or just couldn't afford to buy, but finally I found one of each this past winter and worked out a good payment plan with the sellers. Thank God and the sellers for the 90 day layaway plan.
    Rifle buying and building sure can become addictive, might have to sell a few things so I can buy another rifle, soon.

Leave a comment:

• 1Cor15:19
    replied
    After years of searching I finally found my Schultz & Larsen rifle. Here are a few pics of my newly acquired M65 DL in .358 Norma Magnum, rifle just arrived today. Pics were taken by the previous owner. I am very pleased that I finally have both a S&L M65 DL and a Husqvarna 1651 in 358 NM, both factory rifles. Special day for me, took me a few years to find them.
    Very nice looking S&L. Should prove to be a great rifle in an absolutely fantastic cartridge. The 358 Norma is among the very few that I would consider adding to my hunting arsenal. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• theONE73
    replied
    After years of searching I finally found my Schultz & Larsen rifle. Here are a few pics of my newly acquired M65 DL in .358 Norma Magnum, rifle just arrived today. Pics were taken by the previous owner. I am very pleased that I finally have both a S&L M65 DL and a Husqvarna 1651 in 358 NM, both factory rifles. Special day for me, took me a few years to find them.
    Congratulations on the "new" rifle.

I am a .358 caliber fan...I have a Ruger M77 Mk. II AW that I think is a great little rifle.

When I have some money burning a hole in my pocket I wouldn't mind finding a .358 NM neat caliber

Leave a comment:

• Nukalpiaq
    replied
    S&l m65dl

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    replied
    Just another piece of information to add to this thread, found out this morning that Schultz & Larsen has a new rifle, M97-DL and it is chambered in .358 Norma Magnum too. Problem is S&L doesn't export any to North America. Anyone know what the process is for buying a rifle from European firearms dealers? Any special laws or regulations that a person needs to know about. Thanks

Any FFL dealer can do what the regulations call and "occasional import". This includes your village corporate store. You let them do all the paper work. The hassle is theirs, not yours.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Here's a picture of my custom 358 Norma Magnum:

Matt
    Nice picture! Who took it?

My 358Norma should be here any day. Mickey Coleman is putting the barreled action together right now and will cerakote it. Douglass 1 in 12 CM in about a #4 contour at 20", on a Remington 721 action, with a 700 magnum bolt (was a 30-06), and tang relief cut for a 700 safety. I have an old 3x Leupie waiting for it.

Stock will be either a reasonably nice piece of bastogne or a piece of incredible Turkish, depending on how I feel when I get ready to start putting it together.

There is no way I would put a boomer together for bears and make the barrel more than 20". Length, or rather lack of, is critical in an alder patch and the only real downside is the extra noise...
    art

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Al View Post
    You know if I was picking actions I would be really slow to pick any action with rear locking lugs. I know that just me, but I would give it more than a passing thought.

For the intended use of the .358NM I would pick a CRF action. I would stay Mauser as there is just so many great stock and after market parts to make the sweetest hunting rifle a Man could ever hope for. Yep you will send some bucks that way, but gosh you would have the best anybody could ever hope to have.

Fact of the matter is I just looked at Guns America and there is soe smoken deals at good prices on Brownings Safari Grades thet I would have worked over cheap before I did anything to any other make of rifles. Good FN claw extractor actions, good wood stocks and I would rebarrel with a blue Lilja barrel in .358, the shroud you can have done when you have more cash.

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    replied
    You know if I was picking actions I would be really slow to pick any action with rear locking lugs. I know that just me, but I would give it more than a passing thought.

For the intended use of the .358NM I would pick a CRF action. I would stay Mauser as there is just so many great stock and after market parts to make the sweetest hunting rifle a Man could ever hope for. Yep you will send some bucks that way, but gosh you would have the best anybody could ever hope to have.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X