Federal Classic 270gr RN load ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Classic 270gr RN load ???

I was wondering it anyone has any experience with the 270gr RN federal classic load in the 375 H&H. My lightweight 375 absolutely loves the federal classic load with 3 shot groups under 1" the norm and a few much tighter. It shoots the fed premium 260 accubonds fairly well, about 1.5" at 100 yards but kind of sprays my 300gr Nosler partition reloads in the 2-3" range. As well as it shoots the classic load I thought about just sticking with it. Is the 270gr RN used in that load stout enough or should I look for a load with a better bullet? Thanks for replies.

Premium bullets are sure the "in thing" these days, but I'll be darned if I can find many documented accounts of bullet failures in the classics. I know 5 bear guides well, folks who have probably shot more bears than any sport, and certainly seen more bears shot. To a man, each and every one of them prefers the plain old Remington 270 grain Corloks. I'd say that's a pretty strong vote for classics, in spite of fads and marketing for the premiums. Don't know how the Federal bullet compares to the Corloks, but that would be a fair measure. Like most everybody else here, I haven't shot enough bears with a wide enough variety of bullets to compare performance, so I have to go on actual histories from the guys who have. Count my vote for classics till I hear and see my favorite guides switching.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X