Hornaby Leverevolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornaby Leverevolutions

Has anyone tried these new rounds in 45-70? What did you think?

leverlution

I think they would be good for thin skin game such as deer and caribou but I don't think it would be a good choice for moose or bear, for that stuff I prefer Garrett hammerheads or his woodleigh loads for the bigguns!!
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Comment

I agree with Thunderchicken about their use up here except for bou and deer.
      I still wonder why these are "OK' in tube mags. Granted the tips are softer plastic but you still have mass and motion impacting the primers. When you have 2 shells left in the mag (most etended, weakest spring action) you would get the most motion. I am sure the guys did the R&D on it but it makes me wonder if the old rule of "NO pointed bullets in a tube" was that set in fact.
      Mike
      Mike
      www.alaskaatvclub.org
      There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

Call me ole timey if you will. I still like regular flat faced wide meplat bullets for any lever action. I think these are a gimmick. I had a good friend give me 10 rnds. of them "pointy" rubbery bullets-got a kick out of them for sure. Gave them away a couple of days back-was not even interested in firing them off. Suppose if I wanted a flat shooting bullet I would surely use a .270 for deer...but I don't shoot deer. These have got to be the goofiest bullets made by any bullet manufacturer ever!

Comment

Nice wide lever-action meplat

My idea of the ideal bullet for my 450 is .75" of land diameter lead rod with a cannelure rolled in for the appropriate max OAL. Stuff a full load of whatever powder fills it up with max velocity and I'm done!
          Mind you, I haven't done the development of this load yet but that is the way I'm thinking. I've got a 308 and 338 for the pointy bullet thingies.
          Mike
          Mike
          www.alaskaatvclub.org
          There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.:eek:

Comment

45-70 bullets

ME,

I'm with ya' on this but I think you want groove diameter lead. But flat on the end to hit like a freight train. Good shootin'.

Murphy
            Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Comment

wide metplat

I think garretts 540gr. hardcast hammerhead has the widest metplat in the industry, these things are real tanks as I haven't shot anything it hasn't penetrated completly through you just have to be carefull whats on the other side because these things do not stop!!!
              I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Comment

Not to chase you to another forum but check on here; www.marlinowners.com lotsa good info just on leverguns and the ammo they use.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X