Quarantine Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarantine Therapy

What are you guys doing to kill time? I spent today cleaning rifles and shotguns. Looked over my pistol, rifle and shotgun reloading set-ups. May crank those suckers up, although I have plenty of ammo. May switch scopes in a couple of rifles and do a lot of meticulous maintenance. May shoot/tune my bows quite a bit too.

Video "shooting games" are helpful in keeping the old "eye-hand" coordination sharp. Of course, we won't talk about the everyday chores everyone does.......

What "gunny" thing are you guys doing to keep busy while "social -isolating?"

I did some reloading...then I ran out of bullets! Ordered more but they're on backorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldfoot View Post
      What are you guys doing to kill time?
      Spent the day melting snow and doing laundry in five gallon buckets. Washed both feet clear up to the knees. I have now been "socially isolated" for five (5) months and six (6) days.
      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I've been casting and reloading boolits.
        .452-230 grain for my .45 colt.
        .430-240 grain for my .44 mag.
        .430-310 grain for my .44 mag.
        And some 245 grain swc from my Lyman 429-421 mold which is an Elmer Keith style bullet for my .44 mag.
        I suppose I should cast and load some .338-220 grain bullets for my .338 win mag.
        I have enough lead I'm not running out of cast boolits anytime soon!
        I still have quite a few jacketed rounds left to load someday but playing with the cast boolits is so much fun that's all I've been working on.
        Plus I get to powder coat them in fun colors.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
          Spent the day melting snow and doing laundry in five gallon buckets. Washed both feet clear up to the knees. I have now been "socially isolated" for five (5) months and six (6) days.
          Socially distanced, not isolated, internet acquaintance!

Comment

Unfortunately, I think my wife is the mastermind behind this global pandemic. She cooked up this whole thing just so I could stay home and work on my honey-do's. So far I've finished laying new tile in the dining room and upstairs hallway. Tomorrow I start the tile project in the family room and downstairs hallway. Then its on to the bathrooms. I was a lot better at procrastination when there wasn't a travel ban.

Comment

Originally posted by KantishnaCabin View Post
              I was a lot better at procrastination when there wasn't a travel ban.
              Amen!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Reloading, reading, and hitting a few Netflix series with my youngest daughter. Also, I used to do taxidermy; I really haven't much at all in years. I've been pulling boxes out of the rafters and working on a few things. I've got several antler mounts going, and a few fish (pike - hunting buddy, redfish - former pastor, crappie - dad, and a rainbow - no real purpose yet).

Comment

Just fired up the dozer to plow a quarter mile opening off the mountain. Right at four feet of snow. It helps with the cabin fever. Looks like the subdivision of this property will have to wait till next year. Maybe one of those rich New York City families might want a perfect "Bug'out" cabin property. Just sell the whole 16 acres and move next door to the "Mustang Ranch".

Comment

I've been spending time at my cabin in Grey Cliff north of Captain Cook Park. Been getting some chores done out there. Reading, listening to the radio, cutting wood, riding the snow go.
                    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I've been doing well! Built a black rifle, and picked up a brand new Marlin 444 which I've customized a bit. Installed a few Ranger Point Precision parts on it, their trigger, loading ramp, lightweight X1 big loop lever, and knurled lever screw complete with American flag. Got my new scope for it today, Leupold Vx-3i 1.5-5x20 and mounted it up. I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and would stare at the new ones on the rack at Koslosky's grocery store in Palmer. This is my new everything gun for hunting big stuff in AK.

IMG_1836.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by akaviator View Post
                        I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and would stare at the new ones on the rack at Koslosky's grocery store in Palmer.
                        My first job in Alaska was working Koslosky's in the little town of Anchorage, just over fifty years ago. Horrible job, I loathed it. There was a pre'pipeline depression then, no work.

Comment

I've made four batches of soap.
                          Two with wild blueberries in them and two charcoal facial soaps using activated charcoal I made from local spruce and Willow.
                          Going to make a batch of baby safe oatmeal & wild chamomile next with tussah silk in it.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
                          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by akaviator View Post
                            I've been doing well! Built a black rifle, and picked up a brand new Marlin 444 which I've customized a bit. Installed a few Ranger Point Precision parts on it, their trigger, loading ramp, lightweight X1 big loop lever, and knurled lever screw complete with American flag. Got my new scope for it today, Leupold Vx-3i 1.5-5x20 and mounted it up. I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and would stare at the new ones on the rack at Koslosky's grocery store in Palmer. This is my new everything gun for hunting big stuff in AK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98846[/ATTACH]
                            Nice looking rifle, I have one in stainless but yours is a beauty!
                            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Gonna get a big batch of fish in the brine today and smoke tomorrow. It's that time!!!
                              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X