Quarantine Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    Gonna get a big batch of fish in the brine today and smoke tomorrow. It's that time!!!
    Is that fresh or frozen (thawed) fish, 4mer? Been thinking about smoking fish myself.
    Aviator, nice looking rifle. Hope to se some blood on it this spring or fall!
    I've been reloading and shooting the loads. Searching for a 6.8 spc load with 130 gr. speer at 2600 fps. Think I found it yesterday!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
      I've been casting and reloading boolits.
      .452-230 grain for my .45 colt.
      .430-240 grain for my .44 mag.
      .430-310 grain for my .44 mag.
      And some 245 grain swc from my Lyman 429-421 mold which is an Elmer Keith style bullet for my .44 mag.
      I suppose I should cast and load some .338-220 grain bullets for my .338 win mag.
      I have enough lead I'm not running out of cast boolits anytime soon!
      I still have quite a few jacketed rounds left to load someday but playing with the cast boolits is so much fun that's all I've been working on.
      Plus I get to powder coat them in fun colors.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
      For your 338, Try find a cast bullet load that hits center at 25 yards with same sight-in as your 338 hunting load. Then, take a few rnds with you when you go moose hunting, in case you want to bag a wabbit, tarmigan or spruse gruse.

I have such a load for my 7mm Mauser.

Smitty of the North
      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
      You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post

For your 338, Try find a cast bullet load that hits center at 25 yards with same sight-in as your 338 hunting load. Then, take a few rnds with you when you go moose hunting, in case you want to bag a wabbit, tarmigan or spruse gruse.

I have such a load for my 7mm Mauser.

Smitty of the North
        Not really my thing but I'll keep that in mind.
        When I'm moose hunting I'd rather not risk spoiling my moose hunt making noise to shoot a grouse or hare.
        Those species have long enough seasons that I can hunt them.
        Where as moose season normally seems to fly by .
        And i'd rather bag a moose.
        I know I can bag the small game later on.

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

When I'm moose hunting I'd rather not risk spoiling my moose hunt making noise to shoot a grouse or hare.

Every year I am amazed at the number of dudes that blaze away at grouse (or road signs, trees, whatever) with a high powered hunting rifle.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post

Every year I am amazed at the number of dudes that blaze away at grouse (or road signs, trees, whatever) with a high powered hunting rifle.
            And then they complain that they never get a moose and blame ADF&G for poor management!lol

Comment

And then they complain that they never get a moose and blame ADF&G for poor management!lol

Years back I had to ask a group of Pilgrims that were blazing away at the gravel pit on Marathon road to take a break so we could access the timber there. They held off a bit, and we entered the forest. My buddy was certain we wouldn't see any moose there due to all the shooting. Well about 500 yards in I jumped a bull out of it's bed, and blasted him. When we went back to the truck to get the packboards we had to yell at the Pilgrims again to 'hold their fire.' They could not believe we got a bull under those circumstances. Stupid pilgrims.
              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Cleaning up the house. Grilling meat and fish.

Comment

I've made four batches of soap.
                  Two with wild blueberries in them and two charcoal facial soaps using activated charcoal I made from local spruce and Willow.
                  Going to make a batch of baby safe oatmeal & wild chamomile next with tussah silk in it.

Blueberries in soap?

Comment

I understand, but you never know when loads like that might come in handy. Say, in a Survival Situation. You could be stuck out in the wilderness, due to weather, or any number of things.

I know a guy who went deer hunting every year. On one trip, he was stranded for a week on Kodiak. They were eating venison before the pickup plane could reach them.

Beyond that, it's Handloading fun, and fun small game hunting with your big game rifle. It's also good practice. I carry a few such rounds in my pack when using THAT rifle. I happened onto the cast bullet reduced load that shot the existing sight in, by accident, so I don't have a procedure to find one.

You gotta do, Something, with those 338 bullets you made.

Smitty of the North
                    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                    You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

Blueberries in soap?
                      What your skin doesn't like antioxidants?lol
                      Yes there's only 6 or so wild blueberries in ~2# of soap.
                      It isn't much but they are in there!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X