Winchester Trails End Take Down / 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester Trails End Take Down / 450

Anyone own one of these guns ? Wondering how loud they are and if they are accurate ? Buying probably the last back up gun I will ever need and trying to decide between the 94 take down and the 1886 extra light in 45/70. I've got a few real good bolt guns that would be excellent guide rifles but I am so used to lever actions ( Marlins ) that I just feel better with a lever action. The Winchesters are very hard to find here, but I did manage to find a place that has both in stock. Thanks for any info in advance

The Model 1886 Extra Light is a classic design will probably become a family heirloom in a cartridge that has been around almost 150 years and for which ammunition can be found in almost any shop that sells ammunition. Im supposing the same could be said 150 years from now. Thus, picking between the two, Id get the 1886. Then Id add this, http://www.skinnersights.com/winchester_26.html, and a fiber optic front sight (keep the original for posterity). If you wanted it handier, take 2 off the barrel.

Comment

Do they have that stupid safety still?

Comment

Originally posted by Redlander View Post
        The Model 1886 Extra Light is a classic design will probably become a family heirloom in a cartridge that has been around almost 150 years and for which ammunition can be found in almost any shop that sells ammunition. Im supposing the same could be said 150 years from now. Thus, picking between the two, Id get the 1886. Then Id add this, http://www.skinnersights.com/winchester_26.html, and a fiber optic front sight (keep the original for posterity). If you wanted it handier, take 2 off the barrel.
        I did end up getting the 86.Thanks for the tip on the sights!

Comment

I have an original 1886 rifle in .33 WCF with a 20" barrel. It would be a great candidate to bore out to .45-70. Of course it would no longer be original.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X