375 ruger stock replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 375 ruger stock replacement

Hey guys Iím looking to replace the stock on my left hand ruger guide gun. I am not a big fan of the way it looks and it doesnít do much to tame the recoil. I have read online that the hogue stock on the Alaskan helps with recoil (since the stock is hard rubber?), Hogue can make me a left handed stock like the Alaskan but they are charging 250$ extra For the lefty. At that price should I just get a McMillan, Would a McMillan help with felt recoil compared to the hogue stock?

Felt Recoil depends largely stock design, rather than Brand. You need some Drop at the Butt, so you don't hafta hug it too much. A higher mounted scope might help in that regard.

It's tough to spend big bucks on a stock when you don't know it will work.

Most Hogues I've seen have large, butt pads, which is a plus, IME. I like a raised comb and a cheekpiece.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comment

375 ruger stock replacement

If you can get over the part about the look that you donít care for, a good Limbsaver pad will make a big difference on the stock you have. Like mentioned above, the style of the stock has more to do with how bad it hurts you than the composition. Also, weight. Iím a wimp, so anything in the .375 arena should weight #9 minimum if Iím going to shoot it very much.

Comment

luisss: please keep us in the loop on what you come up with and how it worked out for you. I have a LH 375R with the white cammo stock. For the cost of a new stock PLUS $250 I think I'll learn to like the color.

Are you using the brake?

Comment

I havenít used the brake on the rifle worried of the increased muzzle blast.

Comment

Originally posted by luisss View Post
            I havenít used the brake on the rifle worried of the increased muzzle blast.
            I wouldn't use the brake either.

Looks are important. If it doesn't suit your eye, that detracts from the enjoyment.

If the stock fits you badly, I can see why you are considering a different stock, but beyond that, it would be hard to improve on the Ruger Guide Gun, for what it's designed for. It has all the features.

That includes the laminate stock. If looks are the only issue, perhaps you could paint it. I'd spend the money on Ammo, and shoot it LOTS from field positions, like Offhand, Sitting, and Kneeling. Focusing on something more important, and the recoil won't bother you as much from those positions.

Practice getting it into action for bear protection.

Smitty of the North
            Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
            Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
            You can't out-give God.

Comment

This might sound odd but I shot my friends 378 weatherby and the recoil was not much more then my 375 ruger I was pretty surprised on how tame the 378 was

Comment

Not that hard to convert a RH synthetic stock to LH have done several. I put my LH 375 Ruger in a Mcmillion and it helped with the recoil.
                Is your stock the first model with out the stock spacer. I prefer the early model stock it fits me better and less recoil.

All of the Ruger stocks need bedding with the angled recoil lug or you will have issues.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X