Colt suspending AR-15 sales to civilians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt suspending AR-15 sales to civilians

Not getting political- just letting y'all know......

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colt-susp...-for-civilians

Noted, I saw that. My suggestion is for any one responding is to say "noted". Just saying....

Comment

Noted! I my mind, not a big deal as there are some out there that make a much firearm!

Comment

Just the facts...not political: This is not the first time. Colt stopped selling ARs to the public in the early 90's BEFORE the AWB.

Comment

And suddenly just like that, everyone wants a Colt.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

The market is flooded with ARs of many different makes so unless you just gotta have a Colt, I don't see ARs becoming difficult or expensive to get.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
              And suddenly just like that, everyone wants a Colt.
              I'll take any spare Pythons you have laying around. You can keep the AR's.
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Follow the $.

Comment

I went to Colt's web site. No AR-15's for sale. But you can buy an M4.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                  Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                  Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                    I'll take any spare Pythons you have laying around. You can keep the AR's.
                    My thought exactly. I tried to make those black rifles grow on me but just couldn't get it done. A Mini 14 is as close to a black gun as I can go.

I am all for other folks having them....just not for me!

Comment

Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
                      My thought exactly. I tried to make those black rifles grow on me but just couldn't get it done. A Mini 14 is as close to a black gun as I can go.

I am all for other folks having them....just not for me!
                      I niver keered for'em, OR the cartridge. They were enormously popular among folks that were not gun-nuts, and that added to the number of gun owners, a GOOD thing, IMO.

A lotta homes now protected by ARs, good plan or not.

If the MINI 14 had been chosen by the Military, and received the same development, it would far out shine any AR.

Smitty of the North
                      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                      You can't out-give God.

Comment

I have never been fond of the AR rifles, don't have one and won't be getting one Colt or other brand. I do like the 223 round and have two rifles. My wife bought me a Rem 700 V in 223 for my birthday in 1975 or 1976. Friends gave me about 1500rds of military ammo (5.56) and I shot most of it through either this rifle or my TC carbine in 223. Great round for things dog sized or smaller.

Comment

Hmmm... I watched a young troop with an M-16 kill a stampeding water buff with one round square in the head...made me see that puny little round in a different way. I hear natives are killing sea lions and polar bears with .223...never seen that but that's what I read on the internet.
                          Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Yep, bullet placement is king. Multiple rounds is the prince. The natives use the 223 to kill a lot of things that most folks would consider to large for that round but they are not sport hunting and have no problem using as many rounds as it takes to get the job done. Saw a guy shoot a moose with a mini 14 in 223. Didn't bother him a bit as he still had 6 or 7 rounds left in his mag. I have heard of folks using a 22lr to kill moose. If they are standing outside your cabin in the middle of winter a 5 yd shot to the ear isn't all that hard and it's apparently effective. I like the 223 but I won't use it on things much larger than a coyote. I don't need to as I have plenty of larger caliber rifles to choose from. If it was all I had it's what I would use. Don't have much use for ARs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowrider View Post
                              Hmmm... I watched a young troop with an M-16 kill a stampeding water buff with one round square in the head...made me see that puny little round in a different way. I hear natives are killing sea lions and polar bears with .223...never seen that but that's what I read on the internet.
                              When I lived up on the Bering Coast I saw a lot of Mini-14's in .223. Stainless, cheap ammo, light, completely degreased and hung outside. It works! Twenty rapid shots put a lot of caribou down quickly. I think the Mini-30 would be a better choice and now Ruger is chambering the .300 Blackout.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                              Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                              Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X