No announcement yet.

What about the .350 Legend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A neighbor has a Legend and he's shooting hard cast 165gr Keith (358421 Lyman I think) sized to 0.358" and at 50 yds he say it's right at an inch or so for 3 shot groups. H has had some feeding issues in the AR. I modified some ACS 5 rund mags and they seem to feed better as a 10 shot mag Less spring pressure may help.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

I had the local gun shop order a 350 legend in the Ruger American Youth model. My grandson has killed deer the last two years in the woods where I have hunted for years. He used a CVA Hunter in 44 mag at ranges around 50 yards. The barrel was cropped at 16 inches and the stock at 11&1/2". His load was 240 grain Keith style bullet running 1,000 fps. I am moving to western Iowa and we will be hunting more open country. I figure a 350 legend will be more accomodating for the 100-150 yard shots that we will be the norm. I will use my Ruger American 450 Bushmaster with a 200 grain Hornady SST running north of 2500 fps....or my CVA Accura MR 50 caliber Muzzleloader. Both are good to 200 yards.

Comment

I had an early Savage 10ML that used smokeless and it shot like a rifle. I killed a 11 pt (Eastern count) at about 160 yds on a road right of way, but mostly the shots are under 50 yds or sometimes 25 yds.

Let us know how that Ruger works out please.
        Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Finally got Lee dies and Hornady 170 gr bullets. Two different micrometers measured the diameter of the bullets at 0.354",not the 0.355 as shown on the box. Still haven't miked the barrel but 27.0 grs. of Lil Gun pushed them right out the end of the barrel with not much recoil or muzzle flash. Don't have the scope sighted in yet but I was able to hit an 8" rock at 20' twice. Neighbor called to see if I killed the cougar seen recently and I told her I missed. Can't wait to hear how that story gets repeated.

Spring is coming!

Comment

The 350 Legend sounds like the answer in the states with restrictions or if you prefer an AR , but otherwise a 35 Remington or 356 Winchester levergun would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowrider View Post
              .I learned that the between the front shoulders seems to put the path thru the heart and if you're too high you get the spine or a lung. A good angle is very important.

Friend of mine go a 6x6 elk this Fall with that shot at about 25 yds and the same results....
              Fred Asbell killed a moose with the same shot from a 45# recurve. Killed it dead in it's tracks. He said he doesn't normally like to take that shot but did, as it was the only shot given at very close range.
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

A sharp cut on contact 2 blade is the best IMHO...whether chipped from flint or any other hard materials...at least we learned from those who settled here 10,000 years ago or so and I think they learned the hard way.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X