No announcement yet.

RIP BrownBear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geeze, just saw this. I will miss his presence on this forum. What I respected most about Hank, was how positive, polite and kind he was on this forum. If you wanted to talk hunting guns, he was all for it. Hank really liked his 358 Winchesters. I suggest in remembrance of him, you forum goers get a nice little 358 Winchester rifle, like Hank's.
    www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
    sigpic
    matnaggewinu

Comment

Originally posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
      Geeze, just saw this. I will miss his presence on this forum. What I respected most about Hank, was how positive, polite and kind he was on this forum. If you wanted to talk hunting guns, he was all for it. Hank really liked his 358 Winchesters. I suggest in remembrance of him, you forum goers get a nice little 358 Winchester rifle, like Hank's.
      I'll go out and shoot mine in his honor.

Comment

My last personal communication with him was a few short months back when I told him I found a bunch of new .356 Winchester brass. He thanked me and said he would pass it on to a friend. Always the gentlemen, I miss his wisdom.

I have a leather butt cuff with 5 loop shell holder for my Big Bore .356 Winchester on order from Lever Gun Leather Works. It has a Brown Bear design on the cheek rest side. In respectful memory of Hank, the "Brown Bear".

Comment

Does anyone remember the segments on Aviation Weather over RatNet or Ak Pub Broadcasting that dealt with shore survival? Showed like a boat going down and the crew getting to shore and surviving. This was in the 80s. I think Hank was behind that video.

Comment

I know there was plane that crashed shortly after take off on Kodiak and Hank covered that story. I don't have the link but I bet if you google Hank Pennington Kodiak Alaska it will present itself.

Comment

Originally posted by .338 mag. View Post
              My last personal communication with him was a few short months back when I told him I found a bunch of new .356 Winchester brass. He thanked me and said he would pass it on to a friend. Always the gentlemen, I miss his wisdom.

I have a leather butt cuff with 5 loop shell holder for my Big Bore .356 Winchester on order from Lever Gun Leather Works. It has a Brown Bear design on the cheek rest side. In respectful memory of Hank, the "Brown Bear".
              I have this thing about naming my guns. My 686 is "Butch" Ole Butchy taught this punk kid how to shoot and reload.

I have a new Toklat on the way......"Hank".... yeah, that sounds real good!

Comment

I don't do a lot of posting as you can see but when I did Mr.
                Pennington was always there willing to share his knowledge.
                Thanks Brown Bear.

Comment

I remember having to sight in my BIL's 356 after it scoped him good. We lost him to liver cancer two years ago at the age of 64 and my nephew inherited his guns. We went to Alaska in the early 90's and fished and hunted Caribou together. Swore we would be back but life had other plans for us. I imagine he and Hank would have a good laugh over that old Winchester. Love my Winchesters and my favorite is a 375 I bought a few years ago from a guy in Flagstaff in almost new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by PRDATR View Post
                    I remember having to sight in my BIL's 356 after it scoped him good. We lost him to liver cancer two years ago at the age of 64 and my nephew inherited his guns. We went to Alaska in the early 90's and fished and hunted Caribou together. Swore we would be back but life had other plans for us. I imagine he and Hank would have a good laugh over that old Winchester. Love my Winchesters and my favorite is a 375 I bought a few years ago from a guy in Flagstaff in almost new condition.
                    375 Winchester is one of my all time favorites as well. Hank liked em too!

Comment

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. So many of my friends and family have passed. May God Bless and Keep you all!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X