No announcement yet.

"WHICH" 10MM Handgun..........???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more vote for glock 29 here. if its in the chest rig i have a glock 20 mag with x-grip for 15+1. if its on the waist normal g29 mag. i carry one in the chamber unless im on the slope where you can see for a loooong ways and i'm in and out of helicopters all day. 10mm is not perfect but its a lot better than the shotgun left in the boat or helo cause its a pain to carry.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

It's funny though....cause when I first moved up here 36 years ago, my 44 went everywhere with me.....even wood cuttin'. But slowly over the years I started leaving the pistol at home more and more. I guess I finally figured out that there wasn't a bear behind every tree ready to make a meal out of me. Oh sh*t....now look at what you made me do! Probably jinxed myself bigtime now...!!! :eek:Ö..lol
      The Glock 20 goes nearly everywhere with me, including my classroom. It is my constant companion in a chest holster on every trail up until the winter, then it travels with me in a brief case until spring. I could use more range time with it, but never seem to do it much, simply because I hate reloading, and a box of rounds ain't cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by sayak View Post
        The Glock 20 goes nearly everywhere with me, including my classroom.
        I'm retiring from Teaching in Connecticut, have been supporter of arming Teachers, with proper and regular training. If I could, I'd carry in my classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sayak View Post
          The Glock 20 goes nearly everywhere with me, including my classroom. It is my constant companion in a chest holster on every trail up until the winter, then it travels with me in a brief case until spring. I could use more range time with it, but never seem to do it much, simply because I hate reloading, and a box of rounds ain't cheap.
          Can't argue with a Glock 20 for reliability and firepower in a reasonable carry size. Being a traditionalist, I bought my Springfield V16 in 45 Super when they first came out about 20 years ago. It shoots factory 45 Super Buffalo Bore 255g hardcast at 1100 fps. Feels good in my hand, shoots great, minimal recoil. It's the pistol I carry when in the back country.

Comment

• My 10mm is a Glock 30. KKM 10mm conversion barrel, KKM 40 Super conversion barrel, and stock glock .45 barrel. Wolff 23lb recoil spring and +10% magsprings in both the .45 and 10mm mags. XS Big Dot sights. I can shoot .45acp, .45 Super, 10mm and .40 Super. I hike a lot in National parks and wilderness areas in MT and WY. Open carrying can spook a lot of non-gun people on the trail, so I carry in a thing called a RIBZ pack with a Kydex trigger guard cover tethered to the inside. It sits right where a chest holster would and I keep it unzipped. Not as fast as a hip holster but since I am carrying a pack that wouldn't be practical anyway. In over 60 years of backcountry hiking the only time I used a handgun was when repeatedly being charged by a brahma that was grazing in a national forest in Utah. A S&W model 28 worked for that. I do love my 500 S&W but it weighs too much for me and I end up not carrying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hodgeman View Post
              ^^^ Yep....nothing beats a SIG.
              Have to agree with gunbugs and hodgeman, Sig 220.

Comment

• Originally posted by kldave View Post
                Have to agree with gunbugs and hodgeman, Sig 220.
                When I was in the market for one, I wish I could have afforded the Sig. Now I have a Glock 40 and 29 instead. One day the Sig will come home, but not before a Rock Island double stack.

Comment

• Originally posted by zacsquatch View Post
                  When I was in the market for one, I wish I could have afforded the Sig. Now I have a Glock 40 and 29 instead. One day the Sig will come home, but not before a Rock Island double stack.

Just picked up a Sig 1911 in 10mm. Had it out at the range yesterday and Iím thoroughly impressed. Might get to ride along now in place of the Glock 20/29.
                  Originally posted by AGL4now
                  Discovered that prayer helps sometimes. Also what a penis sheath looks like a few inches from my forehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
                    Just picked up a Sig 1911 in 10mm. Had it out at the range yesterday and Iím thoroughly impressed. Might get to ride along now in place of the Glock 20/29.
                    I have the STX. The only question I can think of for now is, what mags that you've bought worked well for you?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X