Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellet rifles

Does anyone have any experience with pellet rifles? brands? 800 fps vs 1400 fps? I'm concidering on buying one but don't know anything about which ones are good and which ones I should stay away from. rifle is for me not a kid, at least not yet.

RWS....VERY nice but pretty spendy: http://www.umarexusa.com/RWS-Air-Rifles.html

I've heard some pretty good things about some of the Gamo rifles as well..... Lots to choose from and decent prices: http://www.gamousa.com/

Believe it or not I'm still shooting a 40 year old Benjamin 22cal pump. It's killed it's share for sure......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Beeman R7 for me. It's 177 and 800fps, but doesn't seem to matter. When you can shoot 1/4" groups at 50', good hits do the job. Tried the ultrafasts and yawned. Just didn't offer me anything extra, meanwhile they're so darned noisy I'd be divorced if I shot them in the house. Meanwhile I shoot the R7 all the time and my wife joins in the fun.
      "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
      Merle Haggard

Comment

I considered against them.

I tried a 177, (some off the wall brand), and thought it lacked power, and accuracy. (I would have preferred a 22 Cal.)

They're so blamed HEAVY.

Ya gotta cock/Pump them up every shot.

??? Which Brand???

All things considered, I'm not in the market.

SOTN
        Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
        Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
        You can't out-give God.

Comment

I Shoot an RWS. It's definitely not light, but it's plenty powerful and accurate.

Comment

the old pumpmaster .177 is a great bbgun. ive killed lots with one since the 70's and some long range shots even that were suprizing. will shoot pellets or bbs
            Semper Fi!

Comment

RWS does cost more, but they are quality rifles. .177 for paper punching. For small game, go with a .22 over the 177. The extra pellet weight makes a difference downrange.
              "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
                .177 for paper punching.
                sounds like someone needs to brush up on their shooting skills.
                Semper Fi!

Comment

I picked up a little pump it up cheapie $50.00 at chimps a few years ago, .177, it's suprisingly accurate out to 50 yards with pellets, not so much with BB's.

Comment

Thanks guys, going to the range isn't always an option when I want trigger time and the neighbors are a little close. thought I'd try something different.

Comment

I use a gamo .177 daily, everyone of them have scope creek. I think high velocity is too much for scope mounts. Other than that they are deadly on weasels and squirrels.
                      Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                      www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

"scope creek"? What?
                        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

My scope is jolted all the way back and has to be re adjusted/set, both my gamos have done this.
                          Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
                          "scope creek"? What?
                          Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                          www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Oh, scope "creep".

Comment

I bought the Beeman switch barrel a couple years ago and I use it mostly with the 22 Barrel. It has fair punch to about 50yds but accuracy is only about 1" at 20yds with the pellets it likes best.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X