Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
    Is this the original "X" bullet? I'm not aware of a TSX or TTSX offering in a .416 325 grain.

I can't imagine an AK animal that could shake off a 325 grain X should that strike your fancy. I've crimped the original X and the XLC using a Lee Factory Crimp die with much success. The TSX and TTSX are more crimp tolerant using any of the rings as a crimp ring.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
        They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Thank You.........

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
          They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.

Comment

I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
              I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yup. Since my last post I looked at my inventory and the last price tag (some 12 years ago) shows I paid $49 for the .338's, so I was a bit low.
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X