Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

    Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

  • #2
    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
    Is this the original "X" bullet? I'm not aware of a TSX or TTSX offering in a .416 325 grain.

    I can't imagine an AK animal that could shake off a 325 grain X should that strike your fancy. I've crimped the original X and the XLC using a Lee Factory Crimp die with much success. The TSX and TTSX are more crimp tolerant using any of the rings as a crimp ring.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
      "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
        They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank You.........

          Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
          They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.
          "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by limon32 View Post
              I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yup. Since my last post I looked at my inventory and the last price tag (some 12 years ago) shows I paid $49 for the .338's, so I was a bit low.
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

              Comment

              Footer Adsense

              Collapse
              Working...
              X