Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
    Not the same at all.
    The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee."

The last is a warning as in "WARNING may cause injury, dismemberment, or death"

See ignoring cautions damages your stuff but ignoring a WARNING is a whole other kettle of fish.
    May as well be the same, because stupid isn't going to read or heed either one.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

[QUOTE=ADfields;1446210]Not the same at all.
      The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee." QUOTE]

Here's what I said..... ("The first 2 don't really matter, so I guess the 3rd one could be taken in the same way.")

Never said they were the same. But, Just that "warnings" like the first 2, which are merely self serving on the part of the manufacturers, can condition us to ignore warnings in general, including the "SERIOUS" ones.

People ignore warnings, all the time and can become impatient with them and take them less seriously than they should.

SOTN
      Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
      Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
      You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownBear View Post
        Actually no.

It goes on a different list:

Don't use a wrench to cross the terminals on your car battery.

Don't stick your finger in a light socket.

Don't grab downed power lines.

Don't sit on a NASCAR track for a better view.

Use only black powder.

Might as well sub 75 grains of Bullseye for 75 grains of 4350 in your 375.
        And, then there are the Exceptions.

A friend of mine had an InLine that "He" said,,, was Safe to use Smokeless Powder in. I assume it would have to be the proper powder, and the proper charge.

Having no interest in InLines, I didn't pursue the matter.

SOTN
        Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
        Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
        You can't out-give God.

Comment

GD Yankee that is the same accident I was referring to but I saw it on a different forum. As much damage as was done to that gun he was lucky that someone was not killed by it.

Comment

See my first post........
            "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
              See my first post........
              So, what yer sayn' is.....
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                May as well be the same, because stupid isn't going to read or heed either one.
                So . . . you and Smitty agree here. Stop the presses LOL
                Andy
                On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                Call/Text 602-315-2406
                Phoenix Arizona

Comment

[QUOTE=Smitty of the North;1446243][QUOTE=ADfields;1446210]Not the same at all.
                  The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee."

Here's what I said..... ("The first 2 don't really matter, so I guess the 3rd one could be taken in the same way.")

Never said they were the same. But, Just that "warnings" like the first 2, which are merely self serving on the part of the manufacturers, can condition us to ignore warnings in general, including the "SERIOUS" ones.

People ignore warnings, all the time and can become impatient with them and take them less seriously than they should.

SOTN
                  True enough, there are so many lawyer warnings that important warnings get lost in the gobbledygook. It's like how every other vehicle on the road in Alaska has a blinking amber light on it, you see so many flashing amber there it begins to mean nothing to you . . . then next thing you know the flashing amber your ignoring isn't a school bus/long truck/pickup with a plow going the other way but a wrecker blocking the road. Still most average folk are smart enough to overcome the issue without the warnings at all.

Depending on ones religious leanings such stupidity is ether God's plan or natural selection when it goes badly.
                  Andy
                  On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                  Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                  Call/Text 602-315-2406
                  Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Reading this reminds me and I hope to think that this type of stupid has never reached the Alaska news. Well with it being winter here in the lower 48 it's not as rare as it should be but we are known to have people try to thaw out their cars fuel lines by warming up some gas on the kitchen stove. There is no catagory for that.

Comment

75grs of 20ga shotgun powder would tear up just about any normal firearm let alone a muzzle loader.

Comment

Originally posted by rbuck351 View Post
                        75grs of 20ga shotgun powder would tear up just about any normal firearm let alone a muzzle loader.
                        YES it would !

Comment

Originally posted by Cast Iron View Post
                          YES it would !
                          I'm still wanting to know if he hit what he was shooting at and how bad it got tore up. Am I the onlyest one that has a curiosity worked up over the ballistic end of what happened when he lit off all that red dot or whatever it were pushing that round ball? Heck a fire I bet it ain't even landed yet. How's come do you reckon it didn't blow to smitherines on the first shot. So if he lost three fingers does that mean from now on he has to pull the trigger with his pinky or was it the tother hand? As hard as I try to feel bad for the guy it ain't happening. It does make me wonder though. Will a musket cap ignite c4?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X