Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Experience with "MOUNTAIN VIEW SPORTS" consignment program...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Experience with "MOUNTAIN VIEW SPORTS" consignment program...???

Does anyone have any experience with this program...???

If you have any NEGATIVE experience with this consignment program......please send me a PM.

Thank You
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

I don't personally have experience with the consignments, but have read posts from others who spoke highly of it. Chad and Dan are super guys to deal with.

Comment

Yes, I need to sell about 30 or 40 firearms before mid-summer to get funds for the construction project up the mountain. I think Mountain View Sports is my best option.

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
      I don't personally have experience with the consignments, but have read posts from others who spoke highly of it. Chad and Dan are super guys to deal with.
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

30-40? Good grief! Post the list here. I am interested in: Ruger Red Label All Weather shotgun, and a Ruger Frontier in Stainless or a Ruger KM77 Compact Laminate in stainless (.308 for either please). Short list but my point is, let us forum folks get a 1 week chance before you consignment them.

Sobie2

Comment

Originally posted by Sobie2 View Post
          30-40? Good grief! Post the list here. I am interested in: Ruger Red Label All Weather shotgun, and a Ruger Frontier in Stainless or a Ruger KM77 Compact Laminate in stainless (.308 for either please). Short list but my point is, let us forum folks get a 1 week chance before you consignment them.

Sobie2
          He advertises on this site a lot and takes a beating over prices. I wouldn't sell here either.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
          Unknown author

Comment

should have brought them to the gun show this weekend and made all the money instead of paying consignment fees

Comment

Originally posted by reddogiii View Post
              should have brought them to the gun show this weekend and made all the money instead of paying consignment fees
              Now that's comedy
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
              Unknown author

Comment

That is correct. Just about two or three weeks ago, a member of this forum listed four firearms for sale. Some were 25 to 30% under fair value, and one was at least 40% under value. They were on here for one week, he then listed them on Alaska's List and all four sold in two days.

I really don't know what the deal is with members of this forum as far as buying firearms, I really have no clue. The guy mentioned above Listed a Winchester Model 92 "TAKE-DOWN" for $850.00 and no one here bought it.
                When Winchester released them about three or four years ago List Price: $1,599.99

Originally posted by jkb View Post
                He advertises on this site a lot and takes a beating over prices. I wouldn't sell here either.

Comment

$25 dollar flat rate consignments seems like a phenomenal deal. I've always had pleasant experiences with mountain view sports.

Comment

Gun prices are FLAT right now. If you are still trying to move AR type rifles right now and trying to get anything near what you paid for them in the last couple years, good luck. I like the guys at Mtn. View, and I trust them. I just don't know if they are going to be into moving that many guns for you, but who knows?
                    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

One thing I do like about buying and selling on this site is that so far I have not had any run-ins with weirdos. So I try to stay here... BUT I have sold some things on Alaskas list for more than I asked here and they sold fast. But some of those folks were kinda spooky to deal with.
                      Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
                      Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post
                        One thing I do like about buying and selling on this site is that so far I have not had any run-ins with weirdos. So I try to stay here... BUT I have sold some things on Alaskas list for more than I asked here and they sold fast. But some of those folks were kinda spooky to deal with.
                        Heck half of Alaskans are kinda spooky folks. I was selling a sawmill and a guy called and said he would be around about noon, he showed up walking and looked like the bums on Gamble in Anchorage. He looked the saw over and counted out $5500 cash and said he would send a guy and walked off . . .

As for the guns, put them on Gunbroker a couple at a time and you will get market value . . . which for ARs aint much at the moment. Every day I get emails of folks trying to move AR stuff, wholesale I've seen lowers for $39.99 and one offer of 30 complete rifles for $10K . . . that's $333.34 per rifle. Folks over built and there is a glut now.
                        Andy
                        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                        Call/Text 602-315-2406
                        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                          That is correct. Just about two or three weeks ago, a member of this forum listed four firearms for sale. Some were 25 to 30% under fair value, and one was at least 40% under value. They were on here for one week, he then listed them on Alaska's List and all four sold in two days.

I really don't know what the deal is with members of this forum as far as buying firearms, I really have no clue. The guy mentioned above Listed a Winchester Model 92 "TAKE-DOWN" for $850.00 and no one here bought it.
                          When Winchester released them about three or four years ago List Price: $1,599.99
                          A couple thoughts on that. I think most of the people who look for guns for sale in the classifies are gun users, not collectors. That and once the price of a gun approaches $750 and especially once it exceeds $1000, you dramatically narrow the field of who can afford to buy one on a whim.

And as Doug mentions, the firearm market is flat. IMHO for two reasons, one the buying frenzy after the 2012 election has abated, and two the supplies of ammunition and reloading components haven't. It's hard to get excited about buying a new or used gun when can't even feed the ones you have. I know I've passed on a few guns that interested me in the past year when I found out brass was not available and it might be another year or two before I'd be able to get brass for it.
                          Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

I think everything mentioned here is something to consider. I've been interested in a few of the guns that the OP has listed. I want a .45 and I'd like some other things, but I just don't have the play money to use at the moment. Good deals? Sure. But just out of my budget.

I've drooled over that 44 mag rifle...

Comment

Add to all of the above what is actually a down economy (even if the media tries to pretend it's not) and you have a recipe for poor sales. Like many have said, particularly in the AR market but I'd even maybe expand that to the "tacticool" market somewhat, the market is saturated. BF deals on ARs hit $450 for a complete rifle at the box stores. That's insane. But also, it seems like the tacticool fad might be waning slightly because there are SO many options.

It's gonna be tough to sell a firearm at "value" if that value is above the market's will. It's nice to try to sell a gun valued at $2000, but if no one has the $2k to spend and the demand doesn't exist, it's a really tough sell. I'm still laughing at the people who paid $1500 for a $600 AR and are trying to sell it now for $1600. "I'm just trying to get what I paid..." LOL!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X